How do I get rid of hissing when I record a set ?

Lock&load

When I record from my mixers booth output to my laptop using soundforge 10 I get a low hiss in the background , I record usin a USB interface , is there a better way of recording or does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ? Cheers

is ur laptop plugged into the mains?
u might be getting some feedback

Yeah it is didn't realise that would make a difference. I'll give it a go with the battery in tonight but don't know if it will last an hour ill give that a go though thanks , I that doesn't work though any other ideas ?

Plug directly into your mic input (the pink one) i used to have the same issue. Turn the booth volume right down on your mixer and also turn down the mic volume in your control panel . this worked fine for me.

I've tried it in my mic slot before but it would just pick up crackly jumpy random sounds , I'll give it another go though and turn all the levels right down cheers

had the same problem as you can hear in the mix in my sig :evil:

so now i use audacity to record then record a few seconds the hiss before start...
go to effects>Noise Removal then follow the instructions

sound quality is crisp as

defo sounds like interference..

do you get this sound when just playing out of your speakers (straight from the mixer)

or is it just in the recording you get this noise?

only when recording , ive tried my speakers through the booth just to see if it is a problem with that output but it was fine.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

had the same problem as you can hear in the mix in my sig :evil:

so now i use audacity to record then record a few seconds the hiss before start...
go to effects>Noise Removal then follow the instructions

sound quality is crisp as

tried this as well but i found when i used the noise removal it ended up taking a lot of the mix out i didnt ant it too leaving it very quiet and very tinny , what do u find are the best settings when you use the noise removal ?

i use the default settings..
make sure you
1. highlight the solo white noise first
2. go into Noise Removal and click 'get noise profile' (that will then take you out of the noise removal menu)
3. highlight the entire mix, go back into Noise Removal and click ok

sorry to sound patronising

have you got any audio of your white noise over a track??

Back
Top Bottom