How do I get a orinal sin like synth

I really need some 101 stuff in my head. because terms like "detuning" and "processing" don't say anything to me :o

I dont know the definition of detuning, i don't even know if i use the right word, but for example: If your 2, or 3 oscillators are on -12, just pitch them a bit up or down, like -11.85 or something. You'll hear the difference.

In fl studio, 3xosc, the knob at the right side of every oscillator stands for 'detune'.

I hope i can help you a bit with this :)

I dont know the definition of detuning, i don't even know if i use the right word, but for example: If your 2, or 3 oscillators are on -12, just pitch them a bit up or down, like -11.85 or something. You'll hear the difference.

In fl studio, 3xosc, the knob at the right side of every oscillator stands for 'detune'.

I hope i can help you a bit with this :)

Nice tips man ;)

dont remember what any of the threads are called do you?

I'd try a search for "Original Sin bass" or "Jump Up bass" or "[specific song title] bass".

When I fiddle with detuned oscillators I always detune two oscillators "against" eachother. I might have a square that I don't touch at all, and two saws, one detuned plus 15 and one detuned minus 15. This way they kind of equal one another out and the end result won't be too difficult to fit in with the rest of the arrangements, but I'm not quite sure that's the effect you're going for here..

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

So yeah, detuning the waveforms [or whatever] against eachother is apparently how you make a basic Reese sound, for the record.

Back
Top Bottom