How do I achieve this type of sound?

Thats just a resonant noise. . . . . .Possibly the effect of processing too much. its high and low passed, also possibly it has a reverb automation it starts super wet and somewhat wide and dries up at the end to give a vacuum suck sound.

OR. . . . .its two samples. the first being the over processed resonant high and low passed sound with a bunch of reverb and the second is the same sound with less processing. you can do this with any sound. . . . . .Chop off the beginning of the sound, drop it into a new track and and process more.

OR. . . .The clip was duplicated, one was reversed, reverb was added. . . . .to the reversed track (very wet) , bounced and flipped again. Now you have a reverb tail playing backwards into the clean signal.

track 1 |...|...|...|...|...|Baaaasss
track2 |.reverse reverb...|...|...|

Its very important to low cut track 2 (the reverb track). The last thing you want is to process the sub frequencies.

Last edited:
its definitely the reverse reverb track into a clean track. BUT theres many ways to get this sound. You'll notice its a a few semitones higher. That could be from blasting feedback on a chorus before going into the reverb. I suggest creating a nasty bass and bouncing it to a new track. then automate EVERYTHING on it with no musical purpose or timing. . . .chorus, reverb, phaser. push it past your comfort zone and what you know it will sound like. if you have a 16 bar bass line and do this to it, you'll then have the original and a super processed one. you'll be able to chop up the processed one and place the incidental bits where you want them. If you ask spor how he made that EXACT little bit, he'lll have an answer, but it might not be the right one because he probably wouldn't remember.

Experimentation is key here. Theres so many ways to make that sound, so the more you experiment, the more tools you'll have to make any sound you hear.

keep pushing sound past your knowledge of what the results will be and you'll have some awesome sounds to work with. . . . .always save the results, you never know what you'll use them for.

The only thing i can say with absolute certainty is, its an effect tail reversed.

Random by-products of experimentation. 100% agree with Dysrupt, it's a great way to get totally unique sounds.

Thanks man that's some really good advice. I'm going to try some extreme experimentation.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom