how did you start off?

KIDTAF

hey guys i just wanted to know how all of you started off your mixing career?

did you guys get lessons, read internet sites with tips and tricks or learnt yourself etc?

interesting to see how everyone starts out

firstly mixing side

started 7 years ago mixing hardhouse and trance really good to learn on then moved on to dnb after the first year been doin that eversince

production side

got a copy of reason 3 off of ebay after trying demo of it 1 year ago. then a few months ago got cubase and some native instruments etc,:rockposse

taught myself using the internet, but I've had formal musical training since I was 6. Then the past year and a half we've been bringing out internationals so had some q+a sessions and gleaned tips off guys like Phace, Psidream, Noisia, Evol Intent, Dom. My skills and my motivation has increased 10000-fold during that time!

I started dreaming of decks and mixing jungle/dnb (1996ish) then my mate bought some decks and I eventually bought them off him. Did a crash course in reason a year ago, still messing around with it, need to get the madness out my head and on to the screen!!!

started mixing amens right off the bat and there is no web class for that shit-took a while to get the hang of it but after that all other beats fell real quick
been producing for the better part of 7 years and started with an old cubase werked my way from reason1 thru the werks of programs now im into abelton and reason as mi rewire
respect

was forced to get piano lessons while young...
so have been writing music for a long time...

began using steinberg sequencers at 15 to record
the rock bands i played in....

studied audio engineering for a while.... but honestly
found i knew more that the rest of the class.... found
class to be slow and boring and i was learning more
on my own with the help of mr interweb...

been writing dnb for a few years now....

as with boot.... (considering we are part of the same
crew)

i have had the pleasure to talk shop with a few of the big
names....

started with tracking in 2000, tried a few different programs, then moved on to fruityloops and stayed with it ever since. I've thought of moving on to "bigger" sequencers but when you know something like the tip of your pecker you dont want to give it up. plus its easy on the cpu compared. Also been fiddling with the guitar every now and then for 15 years but still cant seem to get it right.

logikz i remember this classy tracker tune love jah jah first, was it your track? that shit brings tears to me old eyes...

logikz i remember this classy tracker tune love jah jah first, was it your track? that shit brings tears to me old eyes...

haha! cant beleive you remember that old thing, yes mate thats mine. long long time ago.
say man, could you hook me up? the computer i made the bulk of my tracker material on was stolen.

haha! cant beleive you remember that old thing, yes mate thats mine. long long time ago.
say man, could you hook me up? the computer i made the bulk of my tracker material on was stolen.

im sorry but we do not allow tune sharing on here :rolf:

I heard some trippy trance tunes when I was about 13 year old and wanted to get producing. I just fucked around and made nothing decent until I got little more serious about the quality of my tunes. I have been really in to dnb about an year and a half for now. Never had any "real" musical training. When I'm playing, more than two keys pressed at the same time is too much for me :D

Back
Top Bottom