How did you first discover drum & bass?

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
Record-Shop-640x340.jpg

Over a DnB Blog we have started a new feature titled "DnB Blog Dialogue". Each month we going to start off with a topic and we want to hear your stories / opinions / feedback. The first topic is 'how did you first discover drum & bass?'. I know it's slightly cheeky starting a thread on here and asking you to veer away from the forum to comment but if you would participate it would be much appreciated :2thumbs:

Link: http://dnbblog.co.uk/2013/07/dnb-blog-dialogue-part-1-how-did-you-first-discover-drum-bass

Record-Shop-640x340.jpg

Over a DnB Blog we have started a new feature titled "DnB Blog Dialogue". Each month we going to start off with a topic and we want to hear your stories / opinions / feedback. The first topic is 'how did you first discover drum & bass?'. I know it's slightly cheeky starting a thread on here and asking you to veer away from the forum to comment but if you would participate it would be much appreciated :2thumbs:

Link: http://dnbblog.co.uk/2013/07/dnb-blog-dialogue-part-1-how-did-you-first-discover-drum-bass

I used to be into heavy metal and rap music. I joined the Army and got stationed in Hawaii. Not a lot of concerts over there. One of my friends took me to a rave and I ate two pills. Drum and bass was in the side room at that party. I kept getting separated from him, but I kept finding my self in that room. I remember sitting by the speakers and my legs kept shaking uncontrollably to the beat. To get them to stop, I basically had to keep holding them down. Ever since then, dnb has been my favorite music. Hive was one of the DJs at that party.

Cheers for the feedback guys. Sorry, I'm not sure if I explained correctly but we are trying to collect the feedback for the topics on the website if you don't mind commenting on there. All you have to do is enter your name, email and comment. Just trying to collate feedback from readers as I feel it'll make an interesting read on the site, plus we want to try engage with our readers more.

Last edited:
one in the jungle on radio 1, used to stay up late after a school recording it onto a crappy bush stereo after a mate told me about a track he called 31 seconds, then i was into all the old helter skelter/dreamscape tapepacks til i got into gabber, then black metal, the post rock now back into dnb again

1996, someone at school put headphones on me and played Mickey Finn & Aphrodite's Bad Ass! never heard anything like it...that bass line still makes me wet nearly 20years later

Back
Top Bottom