How did "SPY - By your side" get released?

Ian_x

Just out of interest wondered if anyone knew what the storyy was behind the release.

It's a huge sample from a big hollywood movie made by a world class composer so you would think it would cost a shit load to clear the sample, a lot more that any profit from the single I presume? I am pretty sure it hasn't be replayed so how did they get around it. Anyone know?

Cheers

pretty sure it just took em ages to clear the sample not exactly sure tho

Think Reprise Records declined their initial sample clearance, hence why this took them years to release it.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Or maybe 3 years later the sample was more affordable? Who knows..

SPY is Terminator

So he was like 'I need your clothes, your boots and your sample clearance' and they gave it to him

MATE OF MINE SPOKE TO IM AT FABRIC NOT TAT LONG AGO AND HE SAID TE TUNE WAS A MISTAKE AND WASNT EVEN OIN TO GET RELEASED BUT PEOPLE LOVED IT AND IT GOT ITS RELEASE

MATE OF MINE SPOKE TO IM AT FABRIC NOT TAT LONG AGO AND HE SAID TE TUNE WAS A MISTAKE AND WASNT EVEN OIN TO GET RELEASED BUT PEOPLE LOVED IT AND IT GOT ITS RELEASE

meh.ro1318.jpg

well to be fair although I didnt think the tune was that amazing he certainly did a better Job than the film which I thought was utter shite.. shit after number 2 tbh

Terminator Salvation (fourth one in the series) was a good film

The third one (Rise of the Machines) was bollox tho. Female Terminator?! pffffft

i remember reading on Spys soundcloud that he actually made the tune for his missus. But it was so well recieved by the public that it needed a release. Not too sure on the sample though, considering its such a big release it would have definately been cleared before release.

Terminator Salvation (fourth one in the series) was a good film

The third one (Rise of the Machines) was bollox tho. Female Terminator?! pffffft

i personally think salvation was an epic film... as far as i'm concerned, there is no T3...

also T1 is far far better than T2...

Back
Top Bottom