How did "SPY - By your side" get released?

Just out of interest wondered if anyone knew what the storyy was behind the release.

It's a huge sample from a big hollywood movie made by a world class composer so you would think it would cost a shit load to clear the sample, a lot more that any profit from the single I presume? I am pretty sure it hasn't be replayed so how did they get around it. Anyone know?

Cheers

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Think Reprise Records declined their initial sample clearance, hence why this took them years to release it.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Or maybe 3 years later the sample was more affordable? Who knows..

pel.k

MATE OF MINE SPOKE TO IM AT FABRIC NOT TAT LONG AGO AND HE SAID TE TUNE WAS A MISTAKE AND WASNT EVEN OIN TO GET RELEASED BUT PEOPLE LOVED IT AND IT GOT ITS RELEASE

$pyto

NEW DAWN
VIP Junglist
well to be fair although I didnt think the tune was that amazing he certainly did a better Job than the film which I thought was utter shite.. shit after number 2 tbh
Terminator Salvation (fourth one in the series) was a good film

The third one (Rise of the Machines) was bollox tho. Female Terminator?! pffffft

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
i remember reading on Spys soundcloud that he actually made the tune for his missus. But it was so well recieved by the public that it needed a release. Not too sure on the sample though, considering its such a big release it would have definately been cleared before release.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
Terminator Salvation (fourth one in the series) was a good film

The third one (Rise of the Machines) was bollox tho. Female Terminator?! pffffft
i personally think salvation was an epic film... as far as i'm concerned, there is no T3...

also T1 is far far better than T2...