How can J Majik & Wickaman have the cheek to charge for this?

CheekyLeek

I found this song on their soundcloud: Beyond Our Dreams. You can purchase it on beatport for £1.39.
Does the song sound familiar? It's basically a rearrangement of Dustup and Displaced by Noisia.

From their facebook:
jrZghCH.png

OH shit, its the sample police! I wonder if they sampled the mp3 too for added cheek! lol

at the end of the day its backed with fight it so meh.

you cant be serious. someone who's been in the scene for the last 15 years producing d&b is copy pasting a tune and nobody should bother? its a matter of respect. nobody should do this. this is not sampling at least IMO

being angry about it just gives them more exposure. i think i listened to the tune once and i agree with all of the statements how it is a rip off. i barely play any jmajik & wickaman stuff though. maybe ritual/old headz, that's it.

being angry about it just gives them more exposure. i think i listened to the tune once and i agree with all of the statements how it is a rip off. i barely play any jmajik & wickaman stuff though. maybe ritual/old headz, that's it.

Couldn't agree more. love ritual/old headz. I'll shut my mouth now. :)

I wouldn't even sample Noisia and I'm amateur, fair enough the scene was built on sampling but there is a line surely? the fact that they admit that if there was more that they could sample they would makes them seem a bit toooolish in my opinion, can't really say I've listened to much of their music though so can't really fully slate them but to me it just seems like they can't make their own dirty bass sounds.

Sampling old disco/soul tracks back in the day is one thing but sampling the main hooks of two fucking Noisia songs adding them together to make a "new" song is ridiculous. Even uploaded as a free dodgy bootleg would be questionable but the fact they're trying to turn a profit on this is hilarious.

Well as it's
a) an absolute banger and
b) a freebie giveaway

I dont give one and am grateful that they have given everyone an absolute banger that will be destroying dancefloors for a good time. Looking forward to the album

Back
Top Bottom