how can i make....

dnbsoldier87

if anyone knows how to make that dirty bass synth sound that comes in at 46 secs in? sounds like it has a sub layered with it with an LFO the same as the main sound. I just cant get the lfo to make it move that way, also, im guessing its probs sumin to do with square/saw waves, but wen i put shit loads of distortion on it to give it the growl it ends up muddy, where am i going wrong?
example of what i end up getting is on attachment i think... : /

also save makin another thread what about that bass that comes in at 1:53, again i cant get it to sound growly and clean at the same time, if that makes any sense, maybe im going overboard with the distortion?

if anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated

Attachments

• wrongbass..mp3
    24.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
detuned square waves, chorus before distortion. split in frequencies and lp modulation. kind of thing, but i think if you check the sick basslines thread youll find heaps of info on this kind of thing

generaly.. the above! i find distortion and then low pass with an EQ or filter, or a plugin like camle audios free camle crusher can do it with just the one plug in ( its a distortion with a lp filter built in) And repte that a few times til your happy with the sound. generaly though. this is one of Breaks trakmark basses! id say try find your own style of techy bassline! it must be said i find theres a lot of luck involved! and generaly with the LFOs, make your main LFO at like 1 beat(this is what i do, obviously use your ears what sounds good to you etc.) and set it to about 75% effcting the cut off(experiments with different filter types, BP notch or BR to start off with, then have a LP after all that?). then another lfo not affecting it as much. generaly id resample after about 5 plugins are on the channle. but my comps shit and cant handle that much plugin use! but with bass... or anything for that matter. do what ever you want! experiment. the only thing id say is dont use delay and if you do, duplicate your track, and HP it off quite alot (1Khz minimum) and dont forget theres nothing wrong with useing 2, 3, 4, 5 or how many many diifferent bass sounds you want to make a bassline! if you are gonna use delay, phasing/flaging or chorus make sure you have a seperate sub layer thats mono that isnt effected by it. this tends to be the cause of the muddyness! layering is good aswell, like bounce 8 or 16 or 4 or w/e bars of your bass, bit crush it, or mega loadsa distorion, chopp it up, filter it with automation, and hp it off, this could add life and movement to your bass! its all about geting the different layers to move differntly with each other... and sound good whilst doing so! hope it helps, ibby.

how do ya resample after adding plugins? im using fruity, if i try export the pattern as a wave then load it back up, it wont let me change the notes, or is it usually done using sum sort of plugin?
safe for the answers tho, stil can never manage to make whats in my head though, well annoying! lol, so true that lucks involved, well at the stage im at anyway

thats what resampling means. if that bothers you, youd have to resample just the one note and play the riff after. the dillinja bit is 808s which is sine waves that becomes square from the overdrive. square waves on the whole is pretty awesum

Back
Top Bottom