How can I make this pluckish sound?

Good Lord, lol at that tune, please let it not be real.

Sorry to be useless but fuck me.

Envelope on the filter of a synth with a sawtooth or a triangle (if chosen a sawtooth lower freq settings).
High octaves and different pan echoes.

epic track. what did you do (navi) to emulate that pluck?

If you use Massive I can upload the patch. You'll need a newer version with the updated filters and all that.

I made it using one saw wave, one pulse, and another saw pitched up one octive. Then used an envelope to modulate a lowpass filter.

Actually, someone else helped me make it, so I can't really claim credit for it.. it's pretty cool sounding though imo.

well id say to make a pluck sound you need to play with your ADSR on your amp env. perticulay decay and sustain. no sustain at all, then play with the decay with it quite quick til you get the degree of "pluck" youd like. then maybe play with the release a little, and it sounds like its coming up though a low pass filter, and run though some delay. use wich ever waves you fancy. saw tooth thorugh a band pass with the cut off on about 10 o'clock (or there abouts, have a play) will get you closest to a real string sound, since sawtooth waves have every harmonic and, guitars(or any other string instrument), string's vibrate in all modes, giveing all harmoics, hope it helps!

<rant>
Part I: hmm frankly, sounds like a real cuppa shit to me. Mr Colman... dance heads got his way then? -_- I remember when you said you hated trancey drum n bass - now look at hospital.
</rant>

<help>
Part II: Anyway, thanks for being part of the conversation Navi - feel free to pull me up on anything you think im being a bastard about in Part I - i will take it into consideration best i can.

The pluck however is a really nice sound (twinkly sound @ 30sec i guess?). use an FM synth, you get a great pluck sound using secondary modulators in FM synthesis. the common culprates are sine - pulse n triangle wave/osc with strong decay to sustain values. Use a great. deep reverb
</help>

<rant>
Part I extended: I fucking hate this tune for reasons stated below.

1. There are AMAZING and relatively UNKNOWN producers in this and other forums that deserve more attention & credit then this p.o.s... (e.g Talon, Kama, DTX etc great producers, check em out)

2. Danny Byrd = great, Netsky = great. Thats an obvious and simple formula.... ( But Danny Byrd + Netsky = Fail imhho)
</rant>

<conclusion>
I hope this isn't the way hospital is headed. if it is, Imma stop listening. Simples.
</conclusion>

actually my last post was well harsh - excuse me. Hospital is a great collective. Just don't like that track.

wow why did it turn into that awful old school bass, fuck i hate that shit with a passion, danny should stop using that shit.

not the greatest tune but dont know why you guys let your heavy flow gush all over the floor.

Back
Top Bottom