DnB How can I make this bassline BEEFIER???

XenfleX

Hey guys,

Been working on this track for a while now, happy with it overall but need to get that bass sounding beefier.

Here's what I've done so far:
1 - I've used 3 oscillators in NI Massive,
2 - frequency split the bass into 2,
3 - added various FX like flanger, chorus, some filters and distortions in small amounts.

Here's what I'm thinking to do:
1 - add a saw wave oscillator to the bass (but worried this might take away that robotic talking sound which it has currently)
OR
2 - add different FX but not sure which ones would work best in beefin' it up.

Appreciate your ideas!

Try some B-tube or T-ube, or parabolic shaper, hardclipper, sineshaper, bitcrusher in the inserts. Or go to your voicing tab and turn the Unisono up from 1 to 2, or whatever number you get to that you think it's made the better difference. Try some reverb, expanding the sound and adding just some heavy low end with it. Or go to the modulation oscillator and mess around with phase, position, etc. Go to the noise part, choose which noise and play with the colour and amp. To make it sound fuller, sometimes Feedback will help, but try not to over do it. You could try splitting the oscillators and having 2 filters, also. Just some small tips. Good luck!

Thanks a lot mate, I reckon I've got it sounding much fatter now. It's all in the source (i.e. in Massive) - you can't slap plugins on it if the original sound is crap. Thanks once again!

I would say chuck a couple of multiband compressors on and bring up the mids. You might want to think about changing the source sound tho to something with more dynamics.

Back
Top Bottom