DnB How can I improve my track?

Your sub-bass is flubby, its not bad but in your case its making the drums and snare sound a bit flat, play with multiband compression on it till it sounds like its squeezed in nice and tight. The vocals are quite nice in fact i'm really liking them right now, where'd they come from?

Have you thought of a pad or rythymic changes on top? The bassline only format gets quite stale after a bit without some cleverness with drums and bits. At 2.30 for instance i would be adding on some hi-pass filtered hats emphasing a groove between the cymbal hits that come in also the cymbals is sounding a bit TOO high-passed to the point where it has little to no force, possibly for the liquid style butcombined with a flat snare and kick its sort of washes over slightly. In melody terms its solidly executed and simple.

Last edited:
amoxia that's some sound advice, thanks :) i'll get to work on the things you've said, i'll have to learn more about compression first though and the vocals are from the song agel eyes by submotion orchestra, but overall thanks

Yeah.
I would add some micro fills for the drums here nd there, in a way to give a bit of spin and more dynamics o the track.
Some unattended specials/edits?!
I know, this track is intended to be a straight 2step, but i will raccomand always to don't limit the creativity to standard patterns...
The looped delay on the voices it's cool.. But what if, for example, at 2:14 or at 2:38 you shut that delay feedback, change the tone of the bassline with a different drum pattern (e.g. amen or skorpio break), giving a bit more darker feelings.
Maybe with a full clean vocal.
And get back to the original straight 2step after 16 bars or so?
Something to break and create more impact!
Just some ideas given... ;)
Lovely track over all as it is!

Last edited:
Really nice track man good work! the other guys have rapped it up pretty much for advice, personally i would add little drum fill's in there to just give some different variations. Overall a massive track though.

cool

Back
Top Bottom