Multi Genre HOUSE n BASS - pls comment on sound, thx !

why do I get the feeling the sharp increase of WEIRD COMMENTS here today are coming from an IP address located in Sao Paulo, Mr Dark Lizardo? :cool:

this is a music forum, not a video forum.
Since the media type you chose to show us you music was a video, it attaches the images used in the video to the music created. If the video is somewhat not original/boring/badly produced, then people will think your music follows the same pattern.

see Mr Dark .. I was expecting you to be here. :D
"media type you chose to show us you music was a video" >> not exactly, SoundCloud is right above, can you see it?
i can take off the video if you dislike it so much.

why do I get the feeling the sharp increase of WEIRD COMMENTS here today are coming from an IP address located in Sao Paulo, Mr Dark Lizardo? :cool:

OMG!!!!! I've been discovered! The truth finally was brought to light! Oh! The fear, the pain! I'm a dead man now. You've buried me. Feeling good now?

OMG!!!!! I've been discovered! The truth finally was brought to light! Oh! The fear, the pain! I'm a dead man now. You've buried me. Feeling good now?

i bet you will be ..
it seems you follow me around since I criticised your remix competition today.
take it easy man, i tried to give some constructive input for the future, no hard feelings!

You do realise theres absolutely nothing experimental about the tune, its like a cheap Brookes Brothers knock off, which in itself is pretty hard to achieve. You keep rabbiting on about experimental, how tunes in the comp weren't pushing the boundaries, like your the future and have this amazing idea, which you aint. So pipe down.

You do realise theres absolutely nothing experimental about the tune, its like a cheap Brookes Brothers knock off, which in itself is pretty hard to achieve. You keep rabbiting on about experimental, how tunes in the comp weren't pushing the boundaries, like your the future and have this amazing idea, which you aint. So pipe down.

thanks. i assume you are big friends of DL and that's motivated you to review like that.
to be frank, i have no idea why he is running like this on me today.
I tried to suggest today a new rating criteria for his remix competition which seems to have been well misunderstood.
say hello to DL and let him know i didn't mean to offend him or the remixes at all.
no need to engage friends put strange posts to my threads. cheers & peace !!

Last edited:
Whatever beef is going on, I don't like it chaps. Sort it out. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "arguing on the internet is just like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Maschin - Don't look at this as me sticking up for you. I see no sides to join. I am Switzerland. Love to Dark Lizardro and to you.

Back on topic. Finally found some time. I find no connection to House music in this tune. I appreciate your enthusiasm for trying to create a new sub-genre or style or whatever it is you're doing. Whilst what you're doing isn't groundbreaking, it's got some uniqueness to it. Stick at it, but maybe just dial back a little bit on the whole "HEY GUYZ LOOK WHAT IM DOING! THIS IS SO RAD AND NEW AND AWESOME AND DIFFERENT" thing. Just play it cool Trigger. Play it cool. Great vibe in the intro; could have expected it to drop into some stripped back 90s jungle/hardcore bizness. Snare sounds like it could do with a touch of filling out. Just a little something in the 200-300hz maybe? The little ditty that comes in at 2:06 needs to come down in volume a little bit. Was a bit jarring during a loud listen. Overall, fairly solid output, more professional than anything I've managed to make and reminds of Cyantific's output (which is a good thing). Stuttery bassline is pretty sweet by the way.

Maschin - Don't look at this as me sticking up for you. I see no sides to join. I am Switzerland. Love to Dark Lizardro and to you.

Back on topic. Finally found some time. I find no connection to House music in this tune. I appreciate your enthusiasm for trying to create a new sub-genre or style or whatever it is you're doing. Whilst what you're doing isn't groundbreaking, it's got some uniqueness to it. Stick at it, but maybe just dial back a little bit on the whole "HEY GUYZ LOOK WHAT IM DOING! THIS IS SO RAD AND NEW AND AWESOME AND DIFFERENT" thing. Just play it cool Trigger. Play it cool. Great vibe in the intro; could have expected it to drop into some stripped back 90s jungle/hardcore bizness. Snare sounds like it could do with a touch of filling out. Just a little something in the 200-300hz maybe? The little ditty that comes in at 2:06 needs to come down in volume a little bit. Was a bit jarring during a loud listen. Overall, fairly solid output, more professional than anything I've managed to make and reminds of Cyantific's output (which is a good thing). Stuttery bassline is pretty sweet by the way.

hey brex, thx for taking the time to look at this and trying to be the peacemaker. appreciate it!

1) i take no pleasure in this little fight here. as you know on THUR I posted a quick suggestion for improving rating criteria, didn't think much about it, probably used the wrong words and got some shit for it. what the hack. if i offended someone .. i'm sorry. didn't imagine some people would react to this post so much. however, some kids here need a slap, wouldn't you think? just look above. totally unacceptable how some blokes think they can behave in a forum. anyway, i forgot the thing already ..

2) i don't aim to start a new sub-genre nor become the next cool dnb producer. not at all! i'm way over this. i make music for personal fun, if someone likes one of my tracks it's simply the cream on top, nothing else. however, i'll take your suggestion to keep the ball low from now on (i simply wasn't aware i'm spinning the wheel too much).

3) thanks for your straight-forward review of bonjour miami. i know it isn't ground-breaking whatsoever (never claimed that), when I write "experimental" i mean I AM experimenting. my house days are over for some 15 years and simply tried to catch that vibe, press it into a dnb rhythm, added some cheesy vocals. had a lucky hand on the bass line, thx for your feedback, it's made with REAKTOR6. snares are always my problem ...

PS: i like your B52 remix a lot. always wanted to remix that one, you did you really well. couldn't do it better!
cheers SWISS BREX !! :D

Whatever beef is going on, I don't like it chaps. Sort it out. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "arguing on the internet is just like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Lol, it was a heated day, statements were thrown about. Whole things forgotten about, things get forgotten on forums really quickly, unless yous the Daleks. Maschinistom has quickly worked his way into being a valued member of the forum on his work in the New Talents section alone, but I took umbridge of his statements on the Forum Competition. Had nothing to do with Dark Lizardro buddy, Dirk is old enough to fight his own battles. Keep up with the tunes @maschinistom I'll keep an eye on your development, my statement was harsh but it was in keeping with the hype tension of that day.

I quite like this mate. Quite catchy. Sounds like it would fit well in an old school sonic type game

Sound seems a bit lofi, what sample rate is it at? Also think the drums are a tad too dry, especially the snare. But I think you've achieved what you were aiming for

Just echoing what has been mentioned before, it really does sound like a cross between old infrared "house & bassy" type stuff & the new wave of synthy stuff of the same kinda style pushed by brookes brothers/futurebound & matrix/culture shock/loadstar etc etc...

If that's what you are going for then you have achieved it, the production values are very good to be fair in terms of compression/mastering/atmospherics/spacing etc.

But overall without being "rude" as you call it, it is far from "experimental", if you have followed d&b for any length of time you have heard better & worse in the same kinda style time after time...

You shouldn't ask for reviews if you aren't capable of taking criticism :confused:

moskit, thanks for your feedback.

maybe you are missing a "piece of the film" here .. there has been some little argument in two other threads of this forum last week which led to some dudes go wild in my track review here >> see page #1 of this thread. that's why i don't understand your comment "You shouldn't ask for reviews if you aren't capable of taking criticism" .. i was simply defending against some rude trolls, and NOT against music production criticism which i am much looking for. :-/

secondly, as i wrote above: i don't claim this is any kind of new trend style tune .. when I write "experimental" i mean I AM experimenting with something. i'm following dnb for some good 20 years now and think i have seen many styles and subgenres come and go. i would never post any of my tracks claiming i found a new style of subgenre. anyway, i appreciate your open words.

Last edited:
I quite like this mate. Quite catchy. Sounds like it would fit well in an old school sonic type game

Sound seems a bit lofi, what sample rate is it at? Also think the drums are a tad too dry, especially the snare. But I think you've achieved what you were aiming for

thanks SKUFF. i know, snares are always hard for me, i can't do any proper snares that sit well in the drum set.>> any suggestion how to get these better?
i exported using 32bit afloat with 192k, sound quality should be not that bad, what speakers did u use when it sounded lofi?

Last edited:
isn't house + dnb just liquid? thats what it sounds like

well, LIQUID dnb sounds different to me, such as hospital records tunes for example. this tune isn't any liquid dnb i believe, liquid is much deeper in sound. this track is trying to combining basic house elements with dnb rhythms. anyway, thanks (y)

Back
Top Bottom