hottest topic ever ....boring

12 inch grinch

VIP Junglist
not bitching just saying that almost every thread concerning mc/mcing people just cussin away. there are hundreds of different mces with different styles some appeal to others but then others might not like them.dont meen there battlein with the dj cuz there chatting fast or bidda bidda etc.you can go to raves with almost any type of dj or mces playing. mces are there to work with the dj and to hype the crowd along with the djs set. most people think every mc go bida bidda bla bla and thats it. :finger2: we are spoilt for choice from the amount of variations we can go and see clubbin pick and choose wer you go and then you wont moan about seeing a mc or mcees you dont like ........

yo blood totaly agree wiv that!! but....i reckon they should take out the dnb n just have the mc!!! get me yer safe?peace out and nuff respect to the 1 like 12 inch mincer

There was a new comer showin his talents against eksman on 1xtra the other day (nu comer to me n e howz)and i must say he got sum skills

bad ace inc. said:
There was a new comer showin his talents against eksman on 1xtra the other day (nu comer to me n e howz)and i must say he got sum skills
you onabout l double show. that mc spooka the boy on the mic totally agree bad ace .

12 inch grinch said:
not bitching just saying that almost every thread concerning mc/mcing people just cussin away. there are hundreds of different mces with different styles some appeal to others but then others might not like them.dont meen there battlein with the dj cuz there chatting fast or bidda bidda etc.you can go to raves with almost any type of dj or mces playing. mces are there to work with the dj and to hype the crowd along with the djs set. most people think every mc go bida bidda bla bla and thats it. :finger2: we are spoilt for choice from the amount of variations we can go and see clubbin pick and choose wer you go and then you wont moan about seeing a mc or mcees you dont like ........

come again? :wtf:

Cube said:
come again? :wtf:

in a lot of ways this is the most important issues dnb faces right now.

:slick:

it really is!

and its one (whether for or against) that is worth talking about....

it come down to the accsesablitly factor

....and it seems as tho Mc's right now can really dictate the vibe of a night, which is after all, the root of dnb culture.

just my opinion

the important thing which forums like this create is an area for debate and an area to express ur opinions and allow ur opinions to be influenced by others!

Last edited:
lokki said:
....and it seems as tho Mc's right now can really dictate the vibe of a night, which is after all, the root of dnb culture.

the important thing which forums like this create is an area for debate and an area to express ur opinions and allow ur opinions to be influenced by others!

I'm with lokki on that one.

Members of the drum and bass community who don't like MCs, of which I am one, need to have a voice. In the hope that we will get heard by promoters with integrity or possibly MCs who want to contribute more than the same old, tired-out, formulaic, drivel, that we have to tolerate every time we want to listen to D&B loud.

I'm not alone... So on behalf of all my fellow MC haters... This is a message for all you people who think it's boring to go on about it all the time as if it's not important...

fuck you :finger2:

Anything more complex or articulate and you wouldn't understand.

12 inch grinch we are spoilt for choice from the amount of variations we can go and see clubbin pick and choose wer you go and then you wont moan about seeing a mc or mcees you dont like ........[/QUOTE said:
tHis isn't true though is it? i like dark techy drum and bass stuff that speaks for itself without an MC, the only big nights that people like tech itch and evol intent play at is hardware and therapy sessions, which are full of MC's

COMING SOON IN SHEFFIELD - Heavy tunes all night 100% MC free. watch this space, more info msg me! :devil:

Clawmonkey said:
I'm with lokki on that one.

Members of the drum and bass community who don't like MCs, of which I am one, need to have a voice. .

[size=+3]I do like MC's!!!!!!![/size]

just not all of em!!!

hahha! :1:

And ironically has anyone noticed that this thread is actually turning into an MC debate!!!

lol! :shrug:

Last edited:
lokki said:
[size=+3]I do like MC's!!!!!!![/size]

just not all of em!!!

hahha! :1:

And ironically has anyone noticed that this thread is actually turning into an MC debate!!!

Sorry, I was just saying I agree with what you said about forums creating a place to express our opinions in the hope that we can influence others... And then, admittedly, using it as a platform to go on another ANTI-MC RANT. However, I will probably do just that at every available oportunity in the hope that people will think about the issue, instead of being apathetic and ignoring it.

I think of drum and bass as music, not just something that happens whilst I'm getting fucked out of my head. Music is the oldest form of expression known to mankind so it deserves respect. Thats why I get pissed off about comparatively tallentless MCs projectile vomiting over the expression of highly tallented artists such as some of the producers we have today. Their tunes are more powerful, expressively, than anything that could be added by the any MCs I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Clawmonkey said:
Sorry, I was just saying I agree with what you said about forums creating a place to express our opinions in the hope that we can influence others... And then, admittedly, using it as a platform to go on another ANTI-MC RANT. However, I will probably do just that at every available oportunity in the hope that people will think about the issue, instead of being apathetic and ignoring it.

I think of drum and bass as music, not just something that happens whilst I'm getting fucked out of my head. Music is the oldest form of expression known to mankind so it deserves respect. Thats why I get pissed off about comparatively tallentless MCs projectile vomiting over the expression of highly tallented artists such as some of the producers we have today. Their tunes are more powerful, expressively, than anything that could be added by the any MCs I've ever heard.

true true.....

its good to get tings of ur chest!

sine-tek said:
tHis isn't true though is it? i like dark techy drum and bass stuff that speaks for itself without an MC, the only big nights that people like tech itch and evol intent play at is hardware and therapy sessions, which are full of MC's

COMING SOON IN SHEFFIELD - Heavy tunes all night 100% MC free. watch this space, more info msg me! :devil:
people dont look into there raves properly ,its a blaitent fact that you can go to dnb night without mces , ,whatever takes your fancy you can even go to dnb nights with just lady artists . this thread was put up to lay down the law on people that moan and moan about a shit mc that was at a rave or genral mc haters ,if people dont like mces dont listen to them we have plenty of choice for different types of dnb nights ,this is well boring now so im gona shut up NOW!

To be honest the only reason I've been harping on about how I think MCs (and rewinds) are shit is coz I went to Hardware and they just ruined my entire night.

So much so that I flat-out, refuse to go to another D&B event unless there's no MCs/rewinds. Which basically means never going to another D&B event....ever....which sucks.

That’s why all the hostility towards MCs.... Fortunately, I know enough of the underground, squat/warehouse stylee rigs in London that occasionally play evil D&B, don't tolerate the MC/rewind shit so at least I'll have them and I still get my dose of bastard loud D&B. But unfortunately they are to few and far between and Tech-itch, Evol Intent, Spor, etc, don't play on their rigs.

:violin:

Taking Sine-tek's lead, I think I better stop whining about it and put my own fucking night on!

Nothing wrong with an MC, yeah there's MC's I don't like, but there's DJ's I don't like too. I prefer my darker side of drum and bass, but this doesn't mean I dislike MC's! I don't listen to them when I'm at home, but I do like them when I'm out!

I did go through a phase where I didn't like MC's, but I realised I was just bandwagon jumping and going along with everyone else. Why? I don't know, I'm still young lol...!

Clawmonkey, you say that you go to all these squat parties and prefer the lack of mc's and rewinds, but I personally feel they are an integral part of the atmosphere and the scene and I get so bored standing infront of a rig at a squat party if they're playing techno for longer than an hour with no mc's or rewinds for that fact! Each to their own though I suppose.

Roll on Friday! MC Gibber :shabba: :lighter:

yeah a few years ago i used to b one of about 4 ppl in my year at school who listened to drum nd bass n they said tht all mcs jus go bida bida bassline all the time but now fnx to pendulum they have heard sets with mcs in and now they like it...i want to hit them lol...pendulum that is

Back
Top Bottom