Hospitals

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ARTFX, Dec 4, 2010.

1. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

Hey guys, the reason I'm starting this thread is because I just came back from the hospital. 6 months ago I torn a anterior cruciate ligament in my left knee with skateboarding. I've been in the hospital past days for the reconstruction of that muscle.

They cut open my knee and took a part of my hamstring to create the new muscle in my knee. They attached it with a pin and a screw. I'm now unable to walk cause my knee is swollen as hell. Got a recovery process which takes 12 months.

So who of you ever where seriously injured and had been in the hospital?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Hope u make a full recovery bro, im goin to have a serious moment now,

I tore a cruciate ligament about 5 years ago and had to have an operation to remove a piece of my knee. My knee is pritty nasty lookin now, its become a pub joke all my mates get me to get it out at the end of the night to gross every1 out lol Im ok now tho it sometimes locks and to unlock it causes me alot of pain but it rarely happens.

Also just recent i had a Pneumothorax which scared the hell out of me and was quite serious, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Im now on the mend the docs say it should be back to normal in a few years fingers crossed.

Hopefully i stay away from hospitals now :)

3. ARTFX

yeah I torn my anterior cruciate ligament.

4. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I couldnt tell you what part mine was cus if im correct there are 4 major ligaments, but it wasnt nice took me just over a year to be walkin properly. Like i sed i still get the odd pains etc it will never be back to normal. But i had a part removed from mine where as it sounds as tho you have had yours rebuilt. You will always have problems with it mate but it will get easy after awhile.

5. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

im like the terminator, i got a metal plate under my left eye put in with some screws. i got jumped back in school and got stomped out, but i was trying to get up so my face was uncovered. that was the only thing that made a mark though, i didnt have any bruises or lumps except for the broken cheekbone and it was a long kickin, i watched it on video after. when the doctors put the plate in they sliced a nerve so i cant really feel anything under my eye. ive been hit there a few times aswell and it doesnt hurt at all just feels like an tiny electric shock. come at me bro

6. ARTFX

No mate they also took out the entire muscle and they have replaced it with a part of a muscle they took from the back of my upper left leg. It's going to take a full year from now on but I'll be able to get back at about 90% of my full strength. I just need to make my muscles in my leg stronger so that they can make it up.

7. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

BADMAN

8. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i've had the same op. had to wait 12 months for the op. was really fucking annoying living with a knee that doesn't hold together. still very concious about my knee even though it was 6-7 years ago. i can honestly say its the most painful thing i ever had to endure.

i've broke my ankle on the other leg in 3 places aswell. not nearly as painful as my knee giving way.

9. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

Serious injuries a guawn in here.
    I got 2plates and 35 screws in my arm, got a double compound fracture half way down my fore arm when i was at work on one of the quads. 50min trip to hospital with my bones hanging out my arm was a mad one. Was in hospital for 3 days all good now tho.

10. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

I'm too tough, The only thing i ever broke was my nose in a pillow fight, Tried to duck and i landed with my nose on a hard wooden armrest from the couch. For the rest i've always had minor things, having both my thumbs dislocated more than once,
    Having deep fleshwounds in my knees. though i've got a misformed back for the rest of my life, A hollow back. and my swivels and they're to closed to eachother on the point where my back is most hollowed out, so when i continuously run for like more than 10 min, i'm starting to get pain in my back. I can play a whole football match without pain. but i can't run without stopping for more than 10 min

11. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

12. ARTFX

Damn the pain in my knee is horrible, hope it gets less in the upcoming days!

13. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i got my mum to lend me 20 quid and drive me to pick up some weed the day i got out of hospital. best painkiller on the planet.

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

similarities are uncanny... i've completely ruined my knee from skateboarding, football and generally being a twat... so i had my medial cruciate ligament reconstructed, pretty much the same operation but they used a synthetic ligament, rather than hamstring!

also split my femur down the middle dry slope skiing, in hospital for two months with an external fixator, out for a month, then back in for a month to have it removed, then a year of pysio! this injury really is what made my knee so prone to dislocating

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

gets worse in the cold!

15. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

I did my anterior cruciate ligament and medial meniscal cartilidge playing football.

I had this surgery on my left knee. Patella Bone Graft surgery. They plug the new ligament into your thigh bone with a bit of your patella (knee) bone. My leg was fucked for months. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and still get mad pains in my knee after 6 years. You lose the feeling on your knee cap as well.

16. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

Yeah, face-planted the road on my way to watch the world cup final.
    My bike isn't much better off either.

23 stitches around my eye. Shredded my cheek muscle to bits.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

why the long face?

18. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Glad to see that despite the horriffic wounds you got a professional in to make sure the photo was a good one. Class act mate...

19. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I was playing touch (remember that game?) in school when I was like 7 or 8. About to get to safety (some diamond railing) when someone touched me (no homo) and my momentum took me head first into them, splitting my head open and millimetres away from fractuting my skull. 17 stitches.

20. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

actually it was just a snap on my webcam