Hospitality @ Matter 8th January 2010

nooo i meant it looked awkward. Not really much energy in the place. dubstep in the main room at a dnb event? weird. espeically with break in room 2 and calyx. strange

He was jumpin up and down like an orangatang with epilepsy

Some of what he played was alright though, but the last half hour was just like :confused:

Thankfully had Friction on straight after to pick up the pace, but it seemed as if he was having trouble with needles skipping or something? This just isn't acceptable at a club like Matter at an event like Hospitality, you would think they would be able to get it right, some people still play vinyl ...

Did anyone else think the system was lacking a little bit as well?

Last couple of times I've been to Matter (last Ram / last night's Hospital) the system just hasn't sounded anywhere near as good as it did towards the start of the year, needs to be sorted asap.

Sick night! sadly due to a fucking nightmare with a drunken mate getting lost in the snow...we didnt get there til 10 to 3. missed most of break b2b calyx which was GUTTING.had a really good time once we got there though...

This is probably an easy one, anyone remember what the tune cynatific double dropped with if we ever is called?

Sick night! sadly due to a fucking nightmare with a drunken mate getting lost in the snow...we didnt get there til 10 to 3. missed most of break b2b calyx which was GUTTING.had a really good time once we got there though...

This is probably an easy one, anyone remember what the tune cynatific double dropped with if we ever is called?

might be Jungle FX. i know he mixes them two

Last edited:
He was jumpin up and down like an orangatang with epilepsy

Some of what he played was alright though, but the last half hour was just like :confused:

Thankfully had Friction on straight after to pick up the pace, but it seemed as if he was having trouble with needles skipping or something? This just isn't acceptable at a club like Matter at an event like Hospitality, you would think they would be able to get it right, some people still play vinyl ...

Did anyone else think the system was lacking a little bit as well?

Last couple of times I've been to Matter (last Ram / last night's Hospital) the system just hasn't sounded anywhere near as good as it did towards the start of the year, needs to be sorted asap.

Yes mate, was very good to have Friction on straight after Rusko, really didn't think much of that. Hopefully Hospital will not go down that route again.

The mix Friction did when he brought in see red was awesome. Wish I could remember more of the set.

I'm not knocking Rusko, he does his thing, he's a solid dj and a very solid producer, but I'll continue to say what I've always said, drum and bass and dubstep are too very different things, even more so as dubstep develops it's own typical sound that you're likely to hear from the big djs like Caspa, Rusko, Skream, Benga etc. which are the only ones you're really likely to hear at any drum and bass nights

DNB and Dubstep just don't mix well in the same main room on a big night imo, I just feel the two should be kept to themselves, but I guess with this whole new "rave" trend where every under 21 year old (and under 16 year old might I add! - who lets these kids in?!) thinks they're doing the cool thing by going to Fabric or Matter, promoters running big nights must feel they're gonna draw a bigger crowd by offering a wider range of music which is fair enough

But when Break b2b Calyx are confined to Room 2 (where the sound was MUCH better) you know there's something fishy going down ...

watch

this was way too much, seriously. i fucking exploded.

But when Break b2b Calyx are confined to Room 2 (where the sound was MUCH better) you know there's something fishy going down ...

Spot on they smashed it! they were even taking requests from people lol
But uve got to appreciate Rusko's energy when DJing, whether its appropriate on not is another thing... :clown:

that night was amazing break and calyx defently owned the night, break dropping fresh dubs and calyx with some old skool classics like brown paper bag, silver blade, cause 'n' effect... was to much.. zinc ran the show aswell first time i listened to a whole set of crack house live and it was sick.. the dubstep on the other hand sucked.. rusko did drop a heavy grime tune which was great but other than that meh.. same as shy fx.. four whack reloads at the beginning of the set made me leave the room....
other than the music to many heads were asking for methadrone from us which was fucking annoying since i was drinking coca cola all night!!

oh yeah spoke to calyx and he said the album with teebee should be out in bout 6 months he said and there are some real stompers on there apparantly

i was there. white hat no shirt. usual heads sicked it, no high contrast major disappointment. it put into perspective just how much of a better space, sound, and vibe fabric is.

I went to the Ram christmas party and the soundsytem (which everyone was always going on about) was shite. Heard better at a free party.

I was really dissapointed with it to be honest. Was it shit at this?

Back
Top Bottom