Hospitality @ Matter 7th May 2010

Was a big big big big night. Was impressed with B-Complex's set, even though he played some dubstep/drumsteppy tunes I weren't really feeling...but some nice liquid bangers as well. Apart from imagine, anyone remember that other random tune he played - like something from an old comedy sketch?! Was jokes.

I was pretty surprised as to how rammo it was even then - when Marky came on it got ridiculous! He really got the place moving playing dancefloor tunes from all types of dnb. Riff Raff still goes off, but one of the stand-out tunes for me was She Gives Me Love by Jaydan (in my May top ten as well :)) such a modern jungle banger!!

Can't really remember much of HC & LEs' sets tbh - can't remember anything bad about them though. Well as I'm typing I'm remebering stuff and LE dropped Just One Second (still love this tune) and Memory Lane. Secret Agent by Netsky got dropped by a few people, including himself, must of been the most played tune of the night to help promote Netsky's leaked album...

Speaking of the crazy belgian - he smashed it. Mixed it up nicely between liquid, jungle and some FILTH jump-up stuff, I was on that cheeky 3rd floor dancefloor having it. 1st time I've seen him, so nice to hear tunes like Starlight, Tommorow's Another Day and Prisma on a system. Finally! Was i little pissd that he played Shock One's remix of I Refuse because I haven't heard the original on a system. Yet. Failure To Engage by Cabbie & Tantrum Desire went off as well! But might of scared some of the traditional Hospitality heads....!

Camo & Krooked teared the place up. The biggest surprise of the night for me. Have they got a few remixes coming out? I could swear that there was a remix of Mindset that they played (think LE played it as well) and their own remix of Talkbox? I can remember them playing Skankers by Hazard as well - haven't heard this inna rave for about 3 years!!! Cyantific always smashes it, one of if not THE best DJ in the Hospital camp, but I was shattered by this point so we left!! Amazing night, I'll defo be going to the next one. They need to put Cyantific on earlier and for longer!!!!

Nah, not just the Hospital camp, one of the best dj's in Dnb alltogether

anybody know the tune London Elek finished with!?!? beautiful beautiful melodic tune. it comes in at about 7.40 in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E46CNm30RJQ

i will literally bum the person who finds this!

wow thats a nice tune!!

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

That was one of my favourite Hospitality's. The one last November was the best imo, Beardyman smashed it then top sets from HC, Danny Byrd, Cyantific then Ed Rush. 4 of my favourite dj's all one after another. The January one was pretty good too, Friction doing a 90 minute set was decent, hearing his Messiah/Friday mix was worth the ticket on its own. This one was definitely right up there though.

i know i am newfag but could someone tell me what this friday track is that you guys speak of?

Agreed. I won't go to an event unless Andy, Friction or Cyantific is playing.

I hope that is sarcasm!

...and also megalols at not knowing 'Friday' jeeeez. Hospitality is like D&B kindergarten! Most people I chatted to listing up Pendulum as one of their favourites artists.

Agreed. I won't go to an event unless Andy, Friction or Cyantific is playing.

Please tell me you're joking.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

I hope that is sarcasm!

...and also megalols at not knowing 'Friday' jeeeez. Hospitality is like D&B kindergarten! Most people I chatted to listing up Pendulum as one of their favourites artists.

1273513111102.png

I hope that is sarcasm!

sorry i didnt listen to dnb when i was 7/8. "megalols" hahah..

Hospitality was epic, B complex was surprisingly good, Marky totally killed it!!:D
Shit load of emo kids there tho, just doesnt seem right seeing them moshing down the front like if it was download festival...:-/

Please tell me you're joking.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

1273513111102.png

No Im serious. I've been raving hard for the last decade so have seen just about every style and been to every type of night. Seen dj's all over the world. I don't go to any old event, just the ones which have top line ups. Although technically I could be classed as a dnb snob, I like to think of myself as more of a connoisseur.

Hardly predictable selections if you take the three of them into consideration. Each plays with slightly different style. Ram, Shogun & Hospitality all have slightly different ingredients. Throw in a metalheadz night every now and then and you've covered the spectrum of dnb imo.

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

sorry i didnt listen to dnb when i was 7/8. "megalols" hahah..

come on mate, if your posting on this forum, you should know every tune ever!

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Rather than the so called emo's did anyone else notice the amount of blue checked shirts there? Thought it was a uniform that no-one had told me about!

Did Rodi play any d&b?

he played original nuttah - shy fx ft. uk apache and Incredible by m-beat feat general levy

he also paraded around the trophy he won the week before in trinidad ;)

and dropped a dirty dubplate (junior gong i think?) that got 3 rewinds (he played it for the first time when i saw him in sheffield)

he was easily the best of the night. netsky killed too though. camo and krooked were massively dissapointing if you ask me. good mixing skills, just no structure to the set, not really what i expected.

in conclusion: Rodigan = god

nah, just the normal ones as far as i could tell. i was a little bit surprised

also major lazers pon di floor was played about 5 times over the night, double dropped with a dnb track (dunno which) by camo and krooked

No Im serious. I've been raving hard for the last decade so have seen just about every style and been to every type of night. Seen dj's all over the world. I don't go to any old event, just the ones which have top line ups. Although technically I could be classed as a dnb snob, I like to think of myself as more of a connoisseur.

Hardly predictable selections if you take the three of them into consideration. Each plays with slightly different style. Ram, Shogun & Hospitality all have slightly different ingredients. Throw in a metalheadz night every now and then and you've covered the spectrum of dnb imo.

agreed they have different styles and all that. im just saying, for example, the last Hospitality had the likes of Byrd, Noisia, Vicious Circle, Logistics B2B Nu Tone, and the rest etc. obviously i don't know if you went but it was a sick night. personally, i wouldn't avoid that just because Cyantific wasn't there. but fair enough, you've obviously been hitting raves for far longer than i have

Back
Top Bottom