Hospitality Last Night

Rock*

VIP Junglist
Big big night.

Started off with Logistics and Nu:Tone going back to back rather than playing seperate sets. They were reallly good, beat matching was tight as fuck and track selection pretty spot on, and Logistics dropped Destiny Comes Ringing which sounded absolutely sick on the Matter soundsysytem.

Then at 12 Marky came on who played one of the best sets I've ever seen. First time I'd seen him out and he is 100% up there with Andy C and Friction. He mixed so so fast, switching and dropping tunes pretty much every 32 bars, using all the formats. He was loving it, dancing round like a nutter during his set. Even came to the front of the stage for his biggest drop of the night which sent the place crazy. And I would do anything to have his box of tunes, every track was a killer with huge bass.

High Contrast come on after an hour and a half of Marky. His set was pretty good to be fair, but not in the same league as the previous two.

London Elek came on next at 2.30 and like High Contrast played a decent set but compared to what came earlier in the night it didn't quite match up.

I left just as Cyantific was starting cos people I was with had to go so missed him and Krust and Die who played 4-30 till 6.

Matter is a sick club too, definitely gonna head back there and I live pretty close to it too.

Oh yeah, also met MC Ruthless in the smoking area, he was a nice bloke. Told him why I appreciate MCs like him and he seemed very happy and grateful to hear it. Said he doesn't like SKibadee style MCs and laughed and said he couldn't even rap double time like that. He was on with Logistics b2b Nu Tone and really added to the set. All the MCs last night got it spot on really (y)

Can anyone tell me how Cyantific and Krust b2b Die was?

cyantific smashed it, played a pretty varied set and was tight as fuck. Krust and die were sik aswell but only saw bout 15 mins. Does anyone know what the name of the tune that got dropped by bout 4 diff ppl with the naughtiest bassline on sort of talk to frank tip?

Cyantific's set was amazing. He is the best dj outside Andy, Friction and Marky for me. His mixing skills are unreal. Watched him do his 3 deck business for a while from the top floor and its just unreal. He did the best mix of the night as well with space invader and together vip. His into mix and the the ones before his last tune were ridiculous. I cant speak highly enough of him.
Thought High contrasts set was great as well. Great intro tune

Big big night.

Started off with Logistics and Nu:Tone going back to back rather than playing seperate sets. They were reallly good, beat matching was tight as fuck and track selection pretty spot on, and Logistics dropped Destiny Comes Ringing which sounded absolutely sick on the Matter soundsysytem.

Then at 12 Marky came on who played one of the best sets I've ever seen. First time I'd seen him out and he is 100% up there with Andy C and Friction. He mixed so so fast, switching and dropping tunes pretty much every 32 bars, using all the formats. He was loving it, dancing round like a nutter during his set. Even came to the front of the stage for his biggest drop of the night which sent the place crazy. And I would do anything to have his box of tunes, every track was a killer with huge bass.

High Contrast come on after an hour and a half of Marky. His set was pretty good to be fair, but not in the same league as the previous two.

London Elek came on next at 2.30 and like High Contrast played a decent set but compared to what came earlier in the night it didn't quite match up.

I left just as Cyantific was starting cos people I was with had to go so missed him and Krust and Die who played 4-30 till 6.

Matter is a sick club too, definitely gonna head back there and I live pretty close to it too.

Oh yeah, also met MC Ruthless in the smoking area, he was a nice bloke. Told him why I appreciate MCs like him and he seemed very happy and grateful to hear it. Said he doesn't like SKibadee style MCs and laughed and said he couldn't even rap double time like that. He was on with Logistics b2b Nu Tone and really added to the set. All the MCs last night got it spot on really (y)

Can anyone tell me how Cyantific and Krust b2b Die was?

Marky uses serato and likes to drop tunes fast cos of how easy it is to use. U shuda tried to jack his laptop or usb stick seeming as he doesnt carry a box of tunes lol.

I didnt go last night for various reasons but will be checking one of these events soon. I heard reviews from a few people tho that cos the dj's were on stage and not in the booth that the main room was too rammo jammo and gave it a sorta gig atmosphere...

They also said that it simply "wasn't ram" which is obvious but makes a valid point none the less.

cyantific smashed it, played a pretty varied set and was tight as fuck. Krust and die were sik aswell but only saw bout 15 mins. Does anyone know what the name of the tune that got dropped by bout 4 diff ppl with the naughtiest bassline on sort of talk to frank tip?

wasnt there but maybe artisan vip?

Marky uses serato and likes to drop tunes fast cos of how easy it is to use. U shuda tried to jack his laptop or usb stick seeming as he doesnt carry a box of tunes lol.

I didnt go last night for various reasons but will be checking one of these events soon. I heard reviews from a few people tho that cos the dj's were on stage and not in the booth that the main room was too rammo jammo and gave it a sorta gig atmosphere...

They also said that it simply "wasn't ram" which is obvious but makes a valid point none the less.

he used vinyl last night, and used it very very well

I'd rather go and see Cyantific than Friction at the moment. Gutted I couldn't make last night but my mates back in London went and said Cyantifics set was on par with with Andys at Matter.

I'd rather go and see Cyantific than Friction at the moment. Gutted I couldn't make last night but my mates back in London went and said Cyantifics set was on par with with Andys at Matter.

Cyantific really was awesome. His last few mixes completely blended into one.

I definitely agree about seeing Cyantific rather than friction. Cyantific's tune selection is top notch.

Marky definitely used both vinyl and serato last night. You could see him keep getting new vinyls out, and also playing on his laptop.

Part ONE of THREE;

HIGH QUALITY [RECOMMENDED]:
youtube.com_/_watch?v=Rz6nYpUvDTc&fmt=18

[^delete the two underscores]

OR, on the video below, press play and then in the bottom right corner click the little triangle and then the HQ button - they look pretty shit otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6nYpUvDTc

00:00 Logistics b2b Nu:tone
00:00 High Contrast - If We Ever
00:26 Danny Breaks - Droppin Science vol 1 (Logistics Remix)
00:57 Logistics - Jungle Music
01:04 vs Hive, Break, d:Bridge & Silent Witness etc - Standing Room Only
02:11 Logistics - Inside My Soul
02:37 Nu:tone - System vs Balaclava [with some added vip vocals. ahem.]
02:57 Marky Intro [can't remember the name]
04:02 vs [can't remember]
04:34 Zinc & Slarta John maybe?
05:20 Random Movement - Psychadelic Drainpipe [i think?]
05:31 #MARKY SCRATCHING!# [??]
06:23 Nu:tone - System vs Balaclava

The other two probably won't be up until tomorrow or the day after, will make a seperate thread for them when they're up.

Roll on May 1st!
:not_worth

Part ONE of THREE;

OR, on the video below, press play and then in the bottom right corner click the little triangle and then the HQ button - they look pretty shit otherwise.

04:02 vs Break - Splashstep
05:20 Random Movement - Psychadelic Drainpipe yup :P

The other two probably won't be up until tomorrow or the day after, will make a seperate thread for them when they're up.

Roll on May 1st!

looks sikk

Part ONE of THREE;

04:02 vs [can't remember]
05:20 Random Movement - Psychadelic Drainpipe [i think?]

Roll on May 1st!

AHAHAH the singing at 2.43!

Back
Top Bottom