Hospitality - High Contrast

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by osmosis, May 1, 2011.

1. osmosis

osmosis Member

Went to Hospitality Bristol on friday which was seriously sick.

Danny Byrd bosed his set by playing all the massive tunes (12:30 - 2) but I dont think he could beat match that well. Then high contrast came on at 2-3:30 and kinda brought the levels and the hype down and sadly it peaked only at 2.

That was like my 3rd big club night so just two general questions.

1. On average when does a big club night going til 6am peak
    2. Is high contrast even a good DJ?

Ez

2. truce

truce Member

Should be about midnight/1 really if you have a well known headliner.

And no, not really, most Hospital guys (with the exception of Logistics and Cyantific) can't mix very well.

3. osmosis

osmosis Member

Midnight to 1 is a bit early isnt it? if most of the audience arrive between 11 - 12, half the place are on drugs (they will be staying up all night anyway). I think it should keep on building.

Yea thats true, Camo and Krooked I think can mix well but others not really. Its a shame logistics and spectrasoul were playing B2B but there set was just a bit mediocre i guess there set was 11-12:30.

4. TC767

TC767 Member

Go to a shogun at cable night... there is no peak... you just get smashed in the face rawly from the moment you get there till the moment the last tunes played and then ur forced to leave...

5. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Yeh you have your warm up sets till about midnight then your main sets till about 4 (alot of people leave at this time, Leavin the real ravers till the end) from 4 till 6 you have big acts but not the headliners. I have been to raves where they put a massive set on last and u dont wanna leave when they tell you its done and keep shouting one more, well i did anyway lol

High Contrast is a B!G dj ! ino its not an excuse but not every dj is 100% everytime sometimes they might not get on with the set up or something just wasnt goin right for them.

Lastly and this is my main point no offence , That's the last time i go to a Hospitality with 16 year olds bouncing round the place

6. osmosis

osmosis Member

Yea fair point I went to shogun at Thekla Bristol and it was seriously fat not quite as good as hospitality tho.

Ha yea true that you don't really feel its finished humming all the way home :p

It wasnt his djing tho it was his choice of tunes just quite mediocre and didnt play any of his big tunes.

Ha that's true I'm 16 and I wasn't the youngest. although to be fair I'm the good 16 year old type. Actually know the tunes and not a west country pikey :p

7. Equiinoxz

Equiinoxz Member

People are worse my age than ever, they don't know anything about the music or artists pisses me off.

8. osmosis

osmosis Member

I know its crazy.

Like 'if we ever' came on on friday half the crowd went nuts the others were like 'uuuuuh what is this'. i just wanted to ask them 'why are YOU HERE!!!??'. they would reply 'to have a sick time' so fair enough to them although i guess it annoys us dnb fans

9. Equiinoxz

Equiinoxz Member

All they know is the Chase and Status tracks and the odd Sub Focus track and of course Pendulum. I remember someone asked me "What's Shogun audio? Is he a good DJ? ............

10. osmosis

osmosis Member

lol that is bad! I would feel to punch that guy right in the face.

11. DamageCase7

DamageCase7 Better off dead.

This all over. Shogun is just top tier all night.

12. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Drum & Bass!? I love that band.