Hospital pres. Sick Music CD tracklisting

My sources tell me the LP will be full release copies, with some awesomely fancy artwork. So no promos on this one.

I'm sort of glad. I won't be unable to resist horrible-looking white-labels this time.

If only hospital did full-artwork promos...

I like a couple of the releases on this, but am still not feeling the direction Hospital is heading...

I don't get it? What direction are you talking about?

Just over the last year we saw Reality Check Point, Supersized, Syncopated City, and Drop. Four different artists/albums and four very different directions with their music.

Hospital keeps me coming back because you don't really know what to expect. Just One Second, or Jungle Music? All quality regardless.

Last edited:
I don't get it? What direction are you talking about?

Just over the last year we saw Reality Check Point, Supersized, Syncopated City, and Drop. Four different artists/albums and four very different directions with their music.

Hospital keeps me coming back because you don't really know what to expect. Just One Second, or Jungle Music? All quality regardless.

I guess I haven't seen the true quality in the releases of late.

I though jungle music was very standard and acutally a poor effort.

Syncopated City a one or two decent tracks, but some of the others seemed like dnb gone indiepop...uska is a good tune though.

Drop I wasn't impressed with at all, especially as an artist album. I've loved No Matter What since day and found the album a let down. Greed is alright, and View From Nowhere very good, but the others seem cheesy or rushed.

Reality Checkpoint is good however, though its got to be hard to follow up Now More Than Ever.

The recent Cambridge E.P wasn't great either, Balaclava was the stand-out track and its already gotten old.

I like a couple of the releases on this, but am still not feeling the direction Hospital is heading...

Don't like that Balaclava / System mash-up at all...

Though Dropping Science Vol. 1 is a classic and the Cyantific tune aint bad.

Plus if Hospital are pushing through Sinistarr then that is cool as he is very good.

Totally agree with you on the Balaclava In My System thing man, they're both really good songs in their own respects, but it just sounds kinda wierd put together imo.

All this said, i have to disagree with what u said about Hospital. They have signed some very dodgy tracks recently but theyre still pushing through some of the best stuff around.

I'm loving Beautiful Lies, Empty Streets, Drift Away, Synth Geek, and that Muffler tune. Fired Up also sounds fucking wicked.
Paint It Black I originally liked but now I've listened to it a few times it grates on me. Sounds whiney and repetitive. Overall another sick album by Hospital, don't regret the purchase at all.

And Red Mist deserved a Vinyl release. It's a good tune to open with.

Back
Top Bottom