HORSEMAN Production tips needed

Discussion in 'Production' started by 4TH HORSE, Aug 30, 2005.

1. 4TH HORSE

4TH HORSE New Member

:-x O.K. I am new to drum and bass production. currently working with ableton live with a bunch of pad, bass and efx samples, and it sounds empty like somethings missing. I'm trying to get that Enduser/ Evol Intent sound out of it but what I have is just not working. Does any one have any tips on expanding my Ableton and limit those short wav samples I'm using, I'm wasting money cuz they're not doing it. Any tips on vst programs, instrument software, anything would help.:-x Especially with bass i can't get that flexibilty with someone elses wav sample.:end_of_wo

2. skylove

skylove Member

Bare in mind that you will not get that Evol Intent sound in a couple of months/years or so, because they didnt. Besides, why go after someone elses sound when you have the posibilites to make your own?

www.kvraudio.com is probably the best VST-site around, it also has a forum wich you probably will get more help in. The Claw synth by reFX (if memory dont fail) is one of the rawest free synths I've ever heard. Try to find a free Moog-emulator too if you want some more nasty shit.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

logikz likes this.
  3. 4TH HORSE

4TH HORSE New Member

When I said Evol Intent sound I meant that hard hitting bass sweeps and synths. I need that sound not the complete style of their tracks thats their job. My shit is coming out a little to nice. What about Spectrosonic Trilogy for the basses I've been looking into that alittle just don't want to waste any money though.:mad:

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

evol intents bass is pure rocketscience. if you want that sound i reccommend you study their material long and hard, how they use the samples, the processing, the layers, whats going on in the frequencies and so on. its not a synth you buy mate.