HORSE RACING THREAD (TIPS.ect)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by WATERMOUSE, Nov 11, 2009.

1. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

from now on all my betting and horse racing related bits will be posted here.could this be made a sticky

2. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

GRAND NATIONAL 2010:
    yes folks its ages away but i have one which is worth following and stake a bit on each week up until the race.

TRICKY TRICKSTER currently 20/1 with corals and 20/1 with hills

the horse has recently changed trainers and is now in the hands of the champion trainer paul nichols and was purchased with the national in mind as the main target.the 6 yrold gelding is rated 129 since his last victory and will be lightly raced up until the national.

race record:
    11 march 09 :Cheltenham.139th Year Of The National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup (Class 2): 1st winning by 10 lengths
    24 jan 09: Cheltenham.Timeform Novices' Handicap Chase (Class 2): 2nd to ping pong savola
    17th dec 08: Newbury.Coolmation Novices' Chase (Limited Handicap) (Class 3) 1st winning by 3 1/2 lengths
    29 nov 08: totesport 0800 221 221 Novices' Handicap Chase (Class 3) 2nd

as you can see hes always there abouts and now hes with paul nichols who can allways get the best out of a horse.i believe hes one worth following.
    my stratagy will to be put a bit on each week and slowly increasing bet as odds shorten.i also will be backing his races up until national

a little each we will give a nice big return if it comes off.so good luck folks if u get on with me

3. stevednb

stevednb I've been naughty, I'm banned

all in on red

4. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

if some someone knows how to move my other horse betting threads into this one can they tell me how

5. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

PADDY POWER GOLD CUP Sat 14 Nov 2009

1st choice TAR0TINO this horse is bang in form winning its last 3 races:
    01/5 bangor. beat THUNDER ROCK by 15 lengths
    23/3 kempton beat SOXIANTE by 4 and a half lengths
    27/2 doncaster beat BLEAK HOUSE by 12 lengths
    currently:
    13/2 with corals
    8/1 with hills

2nd choice BIBLE LORD stayed on well to win by 3/4 of L at wetherby in october under the talented nick scholfield currently 16/1 with corals E/W bet

HENNESSY GOLD CUP
    Newbury - 28th November 2009

noticed today that my favourite national hunt horse (in training) has been put in the betting.
    the cheltenham gold cup winner WAR OF ATTRITION..

article from at the races today:

Mouse Morris is considering a tilt at the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury for War Of Attrition following his fine effort in defeat at Down Royal at the weekend.

The 2006 Cheltenham Gold Cup hero may not be the force of old following time off the track with injury, but he showed he still retains plenty of ability when third in Saturday's JNwine.com Champion Chase.

His rating has dropped markedly since his Gold Cup campaign and he could get into Newbury's big handicap on a handy weight if 2008 Gold Cup scorer Denman takes his place in the line-up as expected.

"He's grand this morning and there is not a bother on him. It was an acceptable performance on ground that was soft enough for him," said Morris.

"He travelled well for a long way and then got a bit detached for a while, but he got back into it again. We haven't made any definite plans for him, but we're just waiting to see what the weights are for the Hennessy.

He's dropped a few pounds now and if Denman turned up we'd get in on nearly 10st!

"We won't make any plans until the weights come out, but it is one we'll definitely have to look at considering the way the ground is over here and he is now rated down in the 150s.

"If we don't go there, we'll be looking at races like the Lexus or maybe the King George, as we want to go where the ground is right more than anything else.

"We're keeping an open mind at this stage and while he obviously isn't quite as good as he was and he's getting on a bit, he's still running good races and there might still be a big one in him somewhere."
    .................................................. ..................................
    i believe hes well worth a punt each way @

william hills 40/1
    stan james 50/1
    corals 33/1

yes theres a chance he might not run,so its one for the brave.i recommend just a couple of quid each way now and if hes still entered after the wights come up then back him proper

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  6. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

could you put the dates of every race too please mate? :)

7. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

i have had a little bet today just for fun really as theres not much i fancy.

11/11/2009
    3.20 warwick: Overton Lad 7/2 > 4TH raced wide, chased leaders, ridden 14th, soon outpaced, rallied approaching last, kept on under pressure run-in
    2.10 bangor: just smudge 5/1 > pulled up (tracked leaders, ridden and weakened after 3 out, pulled up before last)
    4.00 southwell: angel song 9/1
    1.50 warwick: a french horse 2/1 > 1st
    (prices from : william hills)
    (pretty lame result but then again not the best of racing today)
    just a ew lucky 15 bet
    just to pass the time watching the racing on TV.
    i will be posting cheltenham bets after final decs are made.theres some intresting horses entered at the meeting.so could be good.also im putting together a ante post bet which if it comes off could be a blinder.had a bit of a set back with it yesterday after copper bleu ran badley but may excuse him for this run as the ground wasnt ideal.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  8. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

ante post bet:

Paddy Power Gold Cup 14 Nov 2009: TARINTINO 7/1
    Greatwood Handicap Hurdle Sun 15 Nov 2009 MAMLOOK 10/1
    Hennessy Gold Cup Chase 28th Nov 2009 WAR OF ATTRITION 40/1 (2nd choice Denman @ 6/1)
    Grand National TRICKY TRICKSTER 20/1

25p ew lucky 15 with war of attrition will pay approx: £25,301.88
    without war of attrition and with denman instead approx £5000 pounds

this bet im looking at placing friday the total staked for this is £7.50

i may extend bet too a 20p each way lucky 31
    adding
    Queen Mother Champion Chase 2010: MASTER MINDED 11/10

payout approx: £62,515.60p with war of attrition in the henessey.with denman instead £11,972.67p

i placed my bet today 12th november 2009 so fingers crossed

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

dammit i wish i understood all this properly :(

10. GZero

GZero No fear no sound!

On this, nice on fella.

11. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

great thread watermouse. do you only bet on horses? and can you put odds on for me as i cant access my ladbrokes account from works cpu. i'll be nipping back to hotel around dinner and have a look.

12. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

if unsure how to do the bet write down the horses and the race they are in.then go to bookies and tell them u want to do a 25p eway lucky 15 or a 20p eachway lucky 31 depending which one u decide to do. show them the list and they will help u fill out the slip.also dont forget to ask for the odds

13. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

The bolded bit....What does lucky 15 mean? I dont see how u can win £25k with a 25p each way bet.... Could some1 explain im a noooooob

14. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

lucky 15 is basically a multiple bet consistind of doubles,trebles,singles and a fourfold.it will sound real complicated if i explain it.

all u need to do if doing one is get a slip from bookies.write 4 horses down and the meeting or race the are in.

example:

Paddy Power Gold Cup TARINTINO
    Greatwood Handicap Hurdle MAMLOOK
    Hennessy Gold Cup WAR OF ATTRITION
    Grand National TRICKY TRICKSTER

then write 25p eachway lucky 15
    then ask staff to write the odds on for u.

as for with war of attrition and denman
    the first amount is if i put war of attrition in the bet to win the henassy
    the second amount is if i put denman in to win the henassey instead

15. Dan M

this is what ive done

Double (To win) 1 £0.50 15:20 Race winner Overton Lad 4/1 14:10 Race winner Just Smudge 5/1

Accumulator (4) (To win) 1 £0.50 13:50 Race winner A French Horse 13/8 16:00 Race winner Angel Song 10/1 J Higgins vs J Trump Match betting J Higgins 10/11 S Murphy vs N Robertson Match betting N Robertson 13/8

Accumulator (4) (To win) 1 £0.36 13:50 Race winner A French Horse 13/8 16:00 Race winner Angel Song 10/1 14:10 Race winner Just Smudge 5/1 15:20 Race winner Overton Lad 4/1

16. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

HENESSEY NEWS:

Denman will have to concede upwards of 5lb to his rivals in the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury on November 28.

The weights have been released for the historic race and Paul Nicholls' 2008 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner will shoulder 11st 12lb, with Madison Du Berlais (11st 7lb) next on the list.

Jim Dreaper's Notre Pere, a casualty five out in Saturday's JNwine.com Champion Chase, is on 11st 5lb, with Albertas Run on 11st 2lb. Grand National hero Mon Mome and Halcon Genelardais (10st 13lb), last year's runner-up Air Force One (10st 10lb) and Barbers Shop (10st 8lb) are others towards the head of the weights.

Of those that look attractively handicapped Killyglen, Trafford Lad and War Of Attrition are on 10st 6lb, while Gone To Lunch is on 10st 3lb and Carruthers is on 10st 1lb.

Because of Denman's presence, classy horses such as Nenuphar Collonges, Character Building, Irish National winner Niche Market and 2006 winner State Of Play would be forced to race from out of the handicap.

Alan King was pleased with Nenuphar Collonges' return to action in the Badger Ales Trophy at Wincanton last weekend and told At The Races: "I think Nenuphar Collonges will definitely take his chance.

"I was pleased with him at Wincanton on Saturday. He finished sixth but it wouldn't really have been his track - he'd be much better suited going left-handed. With Denman in there, we get in off 9st 11lb and he could run very well in it. It will be a fascinating race because there will be very few in the handicap proper."

I will there fore be backing WAR OF ATTRITION as stated before

17. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

PADDY POWER GOLD CUP NEWS / TAROTINO

Alan King has his fingers crossed that Tarotino will be cherry-ripe for his first run of the season in Saturday's Paddy Power Gold Cup at Cheltenham.

The seven-year-old won his final three starts as a novice last season, notching an 18-length victory at Bangor most recently. King's horses have appeared to need their first outing this term but he is quietly confident Tarotino will be tuned up.

"He's had an uninterrupted preperation but the one thing I don't want is too much rain," the handler told At The Races.

"He could be well handicapped. He was very impressive at Bangor in the spring but it wasn't the strongest race and he went up a fair bit for it. It was always the plan to give him a break and come here first time so we'll see what happens.

"I'm very happy with his general condition for this. I'll have him as near (to peak fitness) as I can. He's quite a buzzy horse anyway, so he might be a little bit straighter than some have been."

18. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

I used to be well into racing, Betfair everyday at work laying till my eyes bled, but just couldn't be bothered to keep track of form of so many horses. Was up £400 over 6 months, so not a great return.

Now I just tend to do Yankees, dodgy trainers with 2 horses in a race and local yards.

19. WATERMOUSE

WATERMOUSE Member

12 november 2009:
    selections
    Ludlow
    12.30 genari
    14.00 night safe

Taunton
    14.00 cartier opera
    15.10 Doctor robert
    16.10 classic clover

ew lucky 31

20. Dan M

well yesterdays selection didnt go too well did it mate. one winner and he was 2/1.

i think ill stick to sports.(horses for courses) only reallly ever won decent money off one horse an that was hedgehunter in the national about 3 yrs ago. think he was 11/1 i ad 50 on him.