Horns people at raves- fookin annoyin

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by DJ Lordward, Jun 23, 2004.

1. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

Got the new accelerated v 1 nation tapepack 2day & listened 2 andy c str8 away & it reminded jus how much i hate people that blow horns at raves!! you can hardly hear the music cos sum twat is blowin a horn as loud as he can rite near the mic which he thinks is funny.
    then ul have sum guy who thinks blowin 2 horns is funny wen its jus fookin annoyin!
    wot do y'all think bout horns???
    any1 feelin wot im sayin??

2. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

(n)
    Me likes fog sirens tho..!

3. Triple M

Triple M Admin

annoyin when someones blowin it in ya ear all night long yeh... but horns always add to the party!

4. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

ive never noticed people with horns?

5. mesh

mesh Active Member

horns never caught on here ... what did was Medic, this spray-on medication stuff that people used to use like Vicks inhaler.
    I remember getting sprayed right in the eye with it twice in one night by some over-excited bunnies ... that shat me no end.

6. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

i hate horns. and glow sticks.
    ruin the party more like

7. mneumonic

mneumonic Member

Havent had exposure to that sort of thing but AdmaF DrumandBass Warefare has got that going in the tunes and it sounds truly off the hook.Het somebody blowing a freaking horn in my ear........eish...Not good stuff man o_O

8. rmt

rmt sex for money plz?

glow sticks are the best mang! i had one at a rave then took it home and my room glowed for 2 days green! supposed to last for only 6hours aint dey?

9. V Matt

V Matt Member

Depends on the setting, for big raves it was all about the whistles and horns, everyone used to bring them and it sounded fucking amazing at something like World Dance @ Lydd Airport when there was thousands of people.

People who take them to clubs can fuck right off though

10. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Hate horns and whistles. Have shouted loud abuse before, which isn't like me at all (and looked around to see everyone tutting at me) when constant horns have ruined sets. Few things more annoying for me.

Also random people who love repeatedly chanting summat like 'Hey! Hey! Hey!', supposedly in time to the music! (Maybe more of a techno room thing).

And people who try to start off clapping rhythmn groups! For fuck's sake...

Not a massive fan of glowsticks, but can't hate too much, (considering the money I used to make off them a few years ago!) :lol:

11. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

damn right! glowsticks are alrite i spose cos they dont annoy other people (well, not me anyway) but horns & whistles are well annoyin in a club

12. mesh

mesh Active Member

absolutely right, thats what I would have thought

I tell you who else can fuck off, rat-arsed people who bring bongo drums and the like into any dance event, be it jungle or techno. WE CREATED DRUM MACHINES FOR A GOOD REASON !!!!
    knobs.

13. Ab0|2Ti0N

Ab0|2Ti0N WHAT THE FUCK IS JUICE???

haha those horns are funny. i was wondering what those sounds were in the backround of the sets i watch on DNB TV on www.breakbeat.co.uk/. Haven't heard anyone blow a horn here in LA, mainly just whistlers and those candy kids with beads up to their necks. :rave:

14. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Exactly. It only takes 1 bongo drum, horn or whistle (used excessively) to seriously annoy everyone else in the club.

15. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

damn rite! grrr

16. Bijou

Bijou Member

Thought this subject would be a nice way to debut on this forum... btw, nice forum people!
    Airhorns... it's an ole reggae thing really, I like it, dont see to much of it these days. I much prefer a good resonant BOH! on the incoming. fuck whistles and glow sticks, what is that about?
    There is nothing worse than some fool let loose with an airhorn and no sense of timing randomly shooting it off in your ear. fuck with my drop and I will shove that bongo, airhorn, whistle or any other noise making device where it belongs.
    why is it that percussionists always play over the drop? man that pisses me off...
    ahhh, nothing like a gripe to kick it all off... :)

17. Shauny.T.

Shauny.T. Guest

Don't mind a couple of horns and few whistles, but when every other person is blowing a horn or a whistle then it gets way to much, and it makes me nasty like :andy:

18. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Your lucky you had that to complain about. People didn't get THAT exceited about the music around where I am. The only place that was so vibey that people needed to bring horns and whistles was at the Hullaballo party I attended in Toronto back in 1998. That vibe there was sick, I'll never forget my time there and the fact that it was the first and last time I saw Martin brand lighting used on a large scale.

So yeah horns and whistles is the way to go. Whomever still does this is OK! Yet on the other hand I would get annoyed if someone was whistling/airhorning the wrong music (something other then ardcore & jungle).

19. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

haha nice 1 Bijou. & welcome 2 the forum!