Horizons december sell off

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by neilmonteiro, Dec 2, 2011.

1. neilmonteiro

neilmonteiro Active Member

2. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Ah nice. Having a look. Big up

3. neilmonteiro

4. jono.p

jono.p Member

A word of wisdom for anyone planning on buying direct from Horizon: DON'T!

Me and two other people I know have ordered through their Discogs store to NEVER receive anything!

It's a shame because it's a great label with some talented producers but the service is terrible. I'll happily pay the little extra to buy from trusted distributors like Redeye.

5. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

I have bought from the horizon website a load of times with no problems. Don't really feel that is a fair comment at all.

6. Mish Mash

Mish Mash Well-Known Member

I had exactly the same issue, and from their recent feedback on Discogs it seems that no-one has been getting their orders. I have no idea why they would let that happen but hopefully orders through their website are still going ahead fine

7. jono.p

jono.p Member

Read the above mate.. it's not just me. I know its harsh to put this comment on a promo thread but is it not less fair to take someone's hard earned cash and not ever send them the vinyl they ordered? Its been well over a year Mr Monteiro has been ducking me for. This is literally the only way of getting his attention and warning others. You telling me you wouldn't do the same?

8. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

Fair enough I guess if it is happening to everyone, but I have never had any problems. Like I said I have only used their website and no discogs but if it is just me that has done ok well than I guess I am lucky!

9. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

ive used their site before and have nothing but good things to say about it.
    and the dreamtheif lp for £5 ?? well it was a bargain at full price.

their discogs one? well ive never seen or heard of it.. maybe its not actually them.
    either way thats dissapointing. i wouldn't let it discourage anyone from discogs tho. ive brought from loads of people on there and 99% of sellers are safe as.

10. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

never bagged it so just ordered it
    Also got dreamthief 2 and severance/locked in for £15 all in all.

cheap vinyl = happy mondays.
    ordered from Horizons website so hoping it all goes smoothly.

11. jono.p

jono.p Member

Its definitely them. Its run by Neil Monteiro. I wouldn't let it put me off Discogs. I've never had a problem with any other sellers. As I said its just a shame because it gives a bad name to the label which otherwise is top notch.

Neil if you read this SEND ME MY VINYL PLEASE!

12. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

I bought a few tunes off their website & they took over two months to turn up. They said they were in the process of changing distributors, but even so, it shouldn't take that long. When I asked them about my order, neil promised it was going out the weekend coming up. Didn't turn up. Then he said it would be the next weekend. Same thing happened. All in all he promised it was going in the post 3 times before it finally turned up. The time before I had no problems with them though. Plus I did once get hold of the shop through the telephone number on the website, but when I had the trouble of waiting 2 months for an order, I phoned them consistently the last 2 weeks with no answer at all. People should bear this in mind. I think they are a strong label at putting out good tunes, but I am steering clear of them from now on, and can wait until redeye / chemical / mirage get their tunes in, as I would never go back directly to the Horizons shop.

On a separate note, 1 of my friends ordered Data's Visualization EP 1 off them ages ago. Nothing turned up. Neil said they had a back log of orders & to email them with the order number & they would send it out. Nothing has been sent & he ordered it well over a year ago.

13. Agent Smith

concerning reading...

14. jono.p

jono.p Member

Watcha that sounds all too familiar. Neil told me he was sending my beats out about 5 or 6 times but still nothing has turned up.

In a way I'm glad its not just me. Maybe Neil will read this and take the comments on board and SORT IT OUT!

Until he does I WILL be posting on every Horizons promo thread warning people that the vinyl they buy may never arrive.

15. neilmonteiro

We've now sorted all postage issues with the Horizons store. CDs are shipped the same day, and vinyl is shipped weekly. Royal Mail picks up our post now from the office. There isn't any problems at all with the store

16. jono.p

jono.p Member

Glad to hear it now can you send me my vinyl please?

17. neilmonteiro

18. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Any news on the spray paint t-shirts? It must be getting close to 2 years now lol

19. neilmonteiro

20. Agent Smith

cheers neil, received my records yesterday. Thanks for getting back to me regarding delivery.

Best £15 i've spent in a long time.