Hoovers in Massive

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Any tips for making this?

I know that it's a couple saw waves, but massive specific, which preset wave would be best for this, and filter and so on?

When I discover things, I will add on myself.

(Btw, check out my tune, A Harder Step, on the new talent page and rate it :D)

fevezz

nom nom nom nom!
wait, r u saying u have massive? cuz theres a preset in there called hoover bass. could that be what ur lookin for (to start out w/ at least)?

Last edited:

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
The most educating thing about synthesis is to create one from scratch. It's one of the easiest sounds to create after a sine bass. You seem to know the basics. Then go on to: link the phase of 1 osc to a slow LFO, Create a tight descending HP envelope in the beginning, mix a delay in lightly with the delay speed LFO'd to detune it, use slow glide here and there, change 1 osc to a square etc, automate a distortion amount, hard limit the result, use a delay with squashing compression....

This is old news I know, and personally i think there's nothing wrong in using presests especially if you've bought the program, but I'm thinking especially from an educational standpoint.

Dan M

hard gay northern bear
VIP Junglist
The most educating thing about synthesis is to create one from scratch. It's one of the easiest sounds to create after a sine bass. You seem to know the basics. Then go on to: link the phase of 1 osc to a slow LFO, Create a tight descending HP envelope in the beginning, mix a delay in lightly with the delay speed LFO'd to detune it, use slow glide here and there, change 1 osc to a square etc, automate a distortion amount, hard limit the result, use a delay with squashing compression....

This is old news I know, and personally i think there's nothing wrong in using presests especially if you've bought the program, but I'm thinking especially from an educational standpoint.
reading this post makes me realise how little i actually know about production.

everyone stop being so clever its boring

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
reading this post makes me realise how little i actually know about production.

everyone stop being so clever its boring
LOL Didn't mean to brag about it, its just that synthesis is so full of different possibilites, like music: you have a limited number notes but combining them in different ways creates a world of possibility.

Just wrote all that because I don't have massive and can't point out any presets!

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist

Oh dear god that is the sweetest sound I made by your advise. Big up!

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
Most synthesizers work the same way: oscillators -> filters -> amp - plus you can modulate most of the beforementioned's parameters with LFO's, envelopes or midi velocity. If you know the basics of synthesis, learning to use a new synth is merely getting to know the GUI. Ok well there's more to it usually but I believe you catch my drift here.

I still can't create those lush pads for shit, they always end up being either dark soundscapes or cheesy string sounds. I should look up a tutorial or something...

Nice sound btw, add a sub there, a beat + few bleeps and alarms and you've got a tune. Maybe the pitch lfo is a bit much tho.

Last edited:

Dj Dirty Pimp

VIP Junglist
also i know it doesnt answer your question really, but there are plenty of hoover samples which you could add effects to and resample n layer etc to get a fat noise