Hoovers in Massive

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Any tips for making this?

I know that it's a couple saw waves, but massive specific, which preset wave would be best for this, and filter and so on?

When I discover things, I will add on myself.

(Btw, check out my tune, A Harder Step, on the new talent page and rate it :D)

wait, r u saying u have massive? cuz theres a preset in there called hoover bass. could that be what ur lookin for (to start out w/ at least)?

Last edited:
The most educating thing about synthesis is to create one from scratch. It's one of the easiest sounds to create after a sine bass. You seem to know the basics. Then go on to: link the phase of 1 osc to a slow LFO, Create a tight descending HP envelope in the beginning, mix a delay in lightly with the delay speed LFO'd to detune it, use slow glide here and there, change 1 osc to a square etc, automate a distortion amount, hard limit the result, use a delay with squashing compression....

This is old news I know, and personally i think there's nothing wrong in using presests especially if you've bought the program, but I'm thinking especially from an educational standpoint.

The most educating thing about synthesis is to create one from scratch. It's one of the easiest sounds to create after a sine bass. You seem to know the basics. Then go on to: link the phase of 1 osc to a slow LFO, Create a tight descending HP envelope in the beginning, mix a delay in lightly with the delay speed LFO'd to detune it, use slow glide here and there, change 1 osc to a square etc, automate a distortion amount, hard limit the result, use a delay with squashing compression....

This is old news I know, and personally i think there's nothing wrong in using presests especially if you've bought the program, but I'm thinking especially from an educational standpoint.

reading this post makes me realise how little i actually know about production.

everyone stop being so clever its boring

reading this post makes me realise how little i actually know about production.

everyone stop being so clever its boring

LOL Didn't mean to brag about it, its just that synthesis is so full of different possibilites, like music: you have a limited number notes but combining them in different ways creates a world of possibility.

Just wrote all that because I don't have massive and can't point out any presets!

Oh dear god that is the sweetest sound I made by your advise. Big up!

Most synthesizers work the same way: oscillators -> filters -> amp - plus you can modulate most of the beforementioned's parameters with LFO's, envelopes or midi velocity. If you know the basics of synthesis, learning to use a new synth is merely getting to know the GUI. Ok well there's more to it usually but I believe you catch my drift here.

I still can't create those lush pads for shit, they always end up being either dark soundscapes or cheesy string sounds. I should look up a tutorial or something...

Nice sound btw, add a sub there, a beat + few bleeps and alarms and you've got a tune. Maybe the pitch lfo is a bit much tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom