DnB Homebrew Technics - Chip Burning

Nice mate, loud and bright, good mixing skills, how long have you been producing?
I started 7 years ago, but I'm used to have crappy mixdowns. This one turns out pretty great since I'm taken more time for the mixdown and quality of the track. I'm grateful others think the same.

Last edited:
hello and welcome to this forum!
love the intro .. interesting from sec 1! good synth, too, imo, right on my street.
could use some limiting and variations on the main synth line, imo (just personal taste).
how did you get your master so loud and clean? > what daw do you use & what for mastering?

hello and welcome to this forum!
love the intro .. interesting from sec 1! good synth, too, imo, right on my street.
could use some limiting and variations on the main synth line, imo (just personal taste).
how did you get your master so loud and clean? > what daw do you use & what for mastering?

I use Ableton 9 and some Fabfilter plugins to master. In the master you need a mix without really outstanding frequencies. The mix needs the be clean and doesn't need to be loud. It took a long time to get the mix right, because I got the wrong idea on how to mix should sound and the master should sound.

On mastering:
I usually start with an EQ and a limiter. I use the limiter for reference. (On how does the mix sounds loud).
I use the EQ for subtle boosts.

I use a multiband compressor:
On the low end I use a slow attack and release, ratio under 3:1, range from 6 to 3 dB. I like these settings, because It's get tightier.
On the highend I use a fast attack and release. This is for the breaks and the transients I want to keep.

It's really just experimenting what sounds good to you.

Back
Top Bottom