Home made DVS

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
Serato/tracktor are expensive and to be honest, I only want a DVS to play those few tunes that go digital only.

This guy's other videos are always good and he seems to know what he's chatting about...

thoughts?
Can you see any problems with doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm assuming you'll need some software to play them on, u can d/l serato's for free i believe
i've heard stories of people successfully doing similar to this, but had an issue with not being able to drop the stylus at various cue point and only being able to start a track from the beginning.

To be honest home made DVS that work properly normally come in around £100 anyway, you will need a decent sound card, timecode vinyl etc.

OK something like Mixxx is free but I would recommend (as I actually have it myself) getting on ebay and looking for Reloop Spin, you can find it for under £100 and is a really good program. Free upgrades and the bonus of having white vinyl from the start unlike Traktor /Serato where its an added extra ;)

Failing that look for a used M-audio Torq package, get that for just over £100 on ebay and the reviews are good.

Back
Top Bottom