Home Brewing ....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, Jul 19, 2012.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

not building up farts and letting them out under the covers and trappin ure mrs under the duvet ... im talking proper home brewing ..

anyone into, or done it themselves .. nowadays with tint n that .. its easier as you have alot of replica / clone recipes out there .. im going to join a brewers forum, no doubt full of old wetherspoons bar propping up cronies talking bout scrapin yeast of there cocks for a secret flavour ..

anyway.. im in the process of buying the kit and been on a brewers forum and got the name for the right hops and stuff to brew Hopping Hare, Badger beer ... 40 pints of the stuff on the go ... then get the lads over for a shant on ..

anyone else gave beer or wine a shot ? how did it turn out .. its just summit to do really .. i know beers are a quid a bottle some places but fuck it, gunna see what i can knock up ..

BUH !!!!!!

23 litres

Badger Hopping Hare

Batch Size (L): 23.0
    Total Grain (kg): 4.550
    Total Hops (g): 130.00
    Original Gravity (OG): 1044
    Final Gravity (FG): 1011
    Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.32 %
    Colour (SRM): 6.4 (EBC): 12.6
    Bitterness (IBU): 37.4 (Average)
    Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
    Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill

4kg Maris Otter
    300g Wheat Malt
    250g Caramalt

Hop Bill
    60 mins: 30g First Gold (7.9%)
    10 mins: 30g Cascade (5.5%)
    10 mins: 20g Goldings (7.2%)
    Flameout: 30g Cascade (5.5%)
    Flameout: 20g Goldings (7.2%)

2. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

my mate was doin this.. had issues with sealing the bottles (as he didn't have the right tool for it) and there was alot of sediment (obv his filtering was poor or something)

this stuff he made didn't taste that good, but it got u smashed?!

i would ask him, but seem like you prob know more than him already.. soo yea.. gd luck!

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

SHUT UP YOU SPENG. ONLY I MAY SPEAK. THEREFORE, HEAR ME NOW. MICING UP GUITARS, FROM A 15 WATT AMP AND A BOSS OVERDRIVE PEDAL IS TR00. I WILL SPEAK SOON AGAIN, but im not quite sure about what at this point. possibly the dangers of church burnings. perhaps general butt naked, thats right, check the vice documentary on youtubes if you dont belive me. life dont seem to be worth much in liberia ffs jeez i thought i seen some shit being out and about traveling the world but liberia puts it all to shame. OR is it vice docus that just makes everything they film so exaggerated and weird?

4. EWOKS

haha nah man i no nothing yet .. just ordered a few bits n bobs from an online list, then ill follow a guide.. shit .. never considered it could taste like cats piss ... 40 pints of cat piss itll have to be if it gets me crunk in the club

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

first few batches will prob taste like shit... very trail n error process mate.. different times of fermentaion, the bottles you use, the enviroment etc etc so many diff scenarios can effect tatse, texture and how pissed u get off it.

6. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

we used one of the kits at uni for my mates birthday. when we sealed it in bottles we put different sugars and stuff in different bottles and labelled them. brown sugar was real nice, caster sugar was a bit meh, and the honey became literally explosive we had them outside and occsaionally they would just blow up.

7. EWOKS

haha.. see, years ago ppl did just buy the kits from a brewey shop down town or wilko's .. but now the nets in all its glory, you can join forums, and theres brewers on there that worked for or owened there own breweries and share recipes and the best places to buy the hops n stuff .. ive been getting a fair bit of info together and im gunna make some stuff to get fucked up by christmas on hopefully

have you tried fullers honey dew beer ?

come to think of it i may try scout a recipe for that.. see how its made try knock up my own version ..

JUST COPPED THIS BADBOY ASWELL ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brew-Your-B...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342773142&sr=8-1-fkmr0