Hombre-J New Jump Up mix! Feedback appreciated

Hombre-J

Currently Ballsacked
VIP Junglist
Howdy all, as the title suggests.

This is a set I played out recently, I know there's the odd EQ problem and some is a little off, but let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Link:

http://dnbshare.com/download/TwistedCulture2.mp3.html

Tracklist:

Psychadelic - Hazard
Back for more - Original Sin
Decibel - Original Sin
241 - Hazard
>> Shogun Nightmares - Friction
Bastard Killer - Original Sin
>> Afraid - Dr. Dub
Evasion Remix - Taxman
Spawn - Sensai
Jah Colours - Zen
Warning - D Minds
All I can say - Hazard
>> One finger - Mampi Swift
Ghost Town - D minds
Beast City VIP - G Dub
>> Can you feel it - Drumsound and Bassline Smith
Full Effect - Zen
Against the Clock - Hazard
Maniac - Majistrate
Ice Cream - Majistrate
Bass - Erb n Dub
Walk - Erb n Dub
Boomerang - Future Prophecies
Monkey fist - Sly
Mental Health - Erb N Dub
>> Muscle - Hoax

I really have been meaning to listen to this bro. I'll try and get on it as soon as possible.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

This was an alright little jump up mix man. Seemed to overdo it a bit on the filter effects imo. Sometimes they sounded quite good and sometimes they seemed a bit funny sounding. Beatmatching was spot on from what I could tell. Don't recall hearing any slips at all. Maybe could work on your EQing tho. Maybe one or two mixes seemed to clash because of the Eqing. Can't recall which ones thos now,sorry.

Evasion Remix - Taxman
Spawn - Sensai
That one really stood out for me man. Don't take offense to me not having multiple of them to point out but that one really did stand out for me.

I really have been meaning to listen to this bro. I'll try and get on it as soon as possible.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

This was an alright little jump up mix man. Seemed to overdo it a bit on the filter effects imo. Sometimes they sounded quite good and sometimes they seemed a bit funny sounding. Beatmatching was spot on from what I could tell. Don't recall hearing any slips at all. Maybe could work on your EQing tho. Maybe one or two mixes seemed to clash because of the Eqing. Can't recall which ones thos now,sorry.

Evasion Remix - Taxman
Spawn - Sensai
That one really stood out for me man. Don't take offense to me not having multiple of them to point out but that one really did stand out for me.

Appreciate the feedback big dog, will make sure to reign in the effects on the next one!

Howdy all, as the title suggests.

This is a set I played out recently, I know there's the odd EQ problem and some is a little off, but let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Link:

http://dnbshare.com/download/TwistedCulture2.mp3.html

Tracklist:

Psychadelic - Hazard
Back for more - Original Sin
Decibel - Original Sin
241 - Hazard
>> Shogun Nightmares - Friction
Bastard Killer - Original Sin
>> Afraid - Dr. Dub
Evasion Remix - Taxman
Spawn - Sensai
Jah Colours - Zen
Warning - D Minds
All I can say - Hazard
>> One finger - Mampi Swift
Ghost Town - D minds
Beast City VIP - G Dub
>> Can you feel it - Drumsound and Bassline Smith
Full Effect - Zen
Against the Clock - Hazard
Maniac - Majistrate
Ice Cream - Majistrate

Bass - Erb n Dub
Walk - Erb n Dub

Boomerang - Future Prophecies
Monkey fist - Sly
Mental Health - Erb N Dub
>> Muscle - Hoax

just out of interest i havent listened yet but do you mix these tunes... i dont necesarilly agree with same artist mixes, its kinda thier mix if you know what i mean?? and is guarenteed to work?????

just out of interest i havent listened yet but do you mix these tunes... i dont necesarilly agree with same artist mixes, its kinda thier mix if you know what i mean?? and is guarenteed to work?????

I switch out Maniac + Ice Cream, as well as Bass + Walk, but let the mix run on Ice Cream + Bass.

I can see your point, but don't agree with you really. Artists don't necessarily produce tunes that are designed to fit together with their own tunes perfectly, though clearly some do. I tried running the mixes on both Erb n Dub tunes and both Maji ones, and they sounded pretty nasty together

I switch out Maniac + Ice Cream, as well as Bass + Walk, but let the mix run on Ice Cream + Bass.

I can see your point, but don't agree with you really. Artists don't necessarily produce tunes that are designed to fit together with their own tunes perfectly, though clearly some do. I tried running the mixes on both Erb n Dub tunes and both Maji ones, and they sounded pretty nasty together

ahh ok cool just wondered. i dont think anyone ever makes two tunes to mix together, but they do often mix 2 of thiers. take hazard for example, he always mixes his tunes together and i personally wouldnt, its almost cheatin. those two are bad examples but you must know what i mean??

not a bad mix. this all on vinyl? I'd say dig a little deeper underground with your track selection. of course hazard, original sin, taxman, d minds- all the best of the best at making tunes but you know everyone out there has all heard them a million times. Makes it kind of like listening to a top 20 dj chart playlist or something. try and switch it up a bit, keep it fresh. that and I noticed a few times you'd single drop the tune you're mixing in, then I don't know if it was just EQing, but sounded like your were slowly bringing back the other track you already cut out. i know how tempting it is when you cut it but still hear it playing in your headphones and it's all on beat and whatnot but you gotta just let it go lol. it's almost always hard to make that sound good.

other than those two things man and some EQing, all in all it was a good mix, I dug it. people hating on the effects but hey you know how to use right so hey i say keep it up. BoH!

hm... big discussion going on there :) but i agree with muzza... if it sounds good..... it sounds good

anyway i m on the dl now and will listen later

not a bad mix. this all on vinyl? I'd say dig a little deeper underground with your track selection. of course hazard, original sin, taxman, d minds- all the best of the best at making tunes but you know everyone out there has all heard them a million times. Makes it kind of like listening to a top 20 dj chart playlist or something. try and switch it up a bit, keep it fresh. that and I noticed a few times you'd single drop the tune you're mixing in, then I don't know if it was just EQing, but sounded like your were slowly bringing back the other track you already cut out. i know how tempting it is when you cut it but still hear it playing in your headphones and it's all on beat and whatnot but you gotta just let it go lol. it's almost always hard to make that sound good.

other than those two things man and some EQing, all in all it was a good mix, I dug it. people hating on the effects but hey you know how to use right so hey i say keep it up. BoH!

Hombre, did I make it seem like i was "hating" on your use of effects?

Back
Top Bottom