Holographic

hey dude,
really like your style - original an ting.
only crit - couldnt hear the sub that well (unless my monitors are messed up) maybe crank it up a notch.

Not sure if its missing anything - maybe a vocal sample or sumthin (not sure though)

very enjoyable to listen to m8.

cheers mate, will have a play with the sub. i really need some studio monitors cause these logitech speakers got some big bass happening but im not getting a very accurate mixdown.
thanks for listening

This shit is tight! You should check out my tracks, I think you'll like them, your beats and basses sound much better than mine though, even if your subs are a bit nerfed. Your soundscape is much less crowded than mine, I always go overboard with effects and atmospherics.

I'd work on varying the percussion a little, the hits get boring when they're repeated over the same very basic pattern over and over and over again, mix shit up by moving some hits back or forth on the timeline to surprise or build expectations, same goes for stabs, they don't always have to arrive on the same beat, sometimes shifting one sample in a set of four [if you follow me..] one or two beats later really makes a big impact and makes your track more varied and less predictable.

Also; I'd chop up the vocal sample and pick out something like "becomes its own reality" and bob it in a few more places, then you can pick out simply "reality" and chuck it around a bit, maybe exchange the third stab in a sequence for it.

djad cant tell if your taking the piss mate. cheers for listening anywho.
thanks apecat. cheers for the feedback and ideas. Variation is definatly what i need to work on.
after a few days of not listening to the tune im not too keen on a few parts but i doubt ill get back to work on it unless theyre is interest. thanks mate,
btw wheres a link to your tunes??

Love the drums, in my headphones the sub sounds about right. Some of the filter movement sounds almost live or improvised, I reckon you could make it sound a bit more deliberate, if that's the word, a bit more of a groove. Purely taste tho innit.

Nice sounds all round.

djad cant tell if your taking the piss mate. cheers for listening anywho.
thanks apecat. cheers for the feedback and ideas. Variation is definatly what i need to work on.
after a few days of not listening to the tune im not too keen on a few parts but i doubt ill get back to work on it unless theyre is interest. thanks mate,
btw wheres a link to your tunes??

Not taking the piss at all man ;)

Cheers guys. Subprime I here what your saying. I'm not really happy with those bass sounds anymore. Been learning and refining that style which is slowly coming along. Thanks for listening bro

Back
Top Bottom