Holly Drummond - Fade (LittleLight Remix)

The intro is cool ! But in general, I think the track needs more punch. Not melodic punch, but it's in the mix. The snare is too muddy, too low, it needs more high frequencies in my opinion. Try to add some random shit in your sound to make it sounding more natural.

I hope it helps ! Keep it up ! :rik:

This track needs more percussion, try layering breaks and hi-hat samples together to get fuller feeling to it. Also snare needs more work, try to find a snare with snap/clap and don´t boost much.

I attempted to beef up the drums a little bit, I never remixed anything and I don´t know the theory(you will hear it in this little clip that percussion will go out of sync because I have no idea what BPM this track is in and it seemed not to fit in very well) but I hope you´ll get the idea how your drums should work. Generally both should have enough punch in the lows and they should stand out from the mix. Aim for a long release when you layer your snare, claps tend to go well as a snare layer for liquid feel.

You can open the link by clicking on it, I made it private and it´s not playable from here.

Lol, playing back the clip I realize drums are a little too fat for this track. :D

Last edited:
Thank you Quotec for your detailed feedback :). Your version indeed seems more interesting for this kind of DnB. Maybe I should think more about the layering in the snare part. You know ... the drums - I have been fighting with these for years and I believe I still will :D. Anyway would you recommend me some good kick/snare layering tutorials (and/or overall processing) for the DnB? And moreover not just for liquid but I also tried to aim for the kind of DnB like The Prototypes - Habitation is ... there the snare is kind of different I think.

Oh mate, I think I might do my very first tutorial on drum processing soon. ;) But in the meanwhile search a lil bit in Youtube, there´s no tutorial which will disguise all the techniques but you rather(as I did) have to grasp that little bit of knowledge from many tutorials and put it together. I think this one is good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQGAi8f8gnQ

Thanks, I will have a look at it :). Yeah, the knowledge is out there, but it's divided into tiny little pieces :)). So if you are going to make some tutorial which will sum it all up, I would totally love to se that, so when you are done, could you please let me know? (here on the forum, or on my Soundcloud, or anywhere :) )

Back
Top Bottom