HOLLOWFICATION - new dark "Snuff'nBass"

Felon

hola

i got my 2 track up wich took me along time to finish.

leave some comments

http://www.myspace.com/Epoch42

and i got a few questions:

should i split the track up in 2 seperate songs?

with my cubase 3sx i cant really safe songs to mp3 so i have to record it with some external recorder while i listen to the song in cubase....

the quality sucks a few times,so no mastering at all

maybe you'll get it why its Snuff'nBass

thx

aloh
maybe you all make more likely comments in the threads where you know the cats or where the cats are more "famous"

but everything i see is often just "props"
"props"
"mad props"
and then" thanks guys..need more props"
"props"
" p p p props"

its all ok with that,but the people who really need some help are left alone

and e.g. its not that i can get help so often on the net. here in germany is like nothing with help

thx

Well well well. Bit feisty there.
Your tracks are pretty dark. I like dark music to a degree, then there's a line where it just gets scary. A few of the samples in 'H' were camped on that line. In Hollowfication I didn't think the drums had the intensity to drive the rest of the track. Probably the same in 'Prison'.
Some good ideas. Musically I like it.

love the face puke sample. as you said quality isnt the best.

er enjoyed it, am not into dark stuff like this. the tune worked well though there was a breakdown around 1.40 that sounded wrong and some clashes after that but good invention on the concept of the track.

thanks for the nice comments

jeah thats what i also thougt,but i wanted to test how far can i go. i never heard something similar in a track and had to try it

aaw damm i feel that comment-turkey again.... help me

with my cubase 3sx i cant really safe songs to mp3 so i have to record it with some external recorder while i listen to the song in cubase....
So, export as a WAV and then download something like Audacity to convert to mp3? http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

the quality sucks a few times,so no mastering at all
Can you not master with SX3?

Btw, nice sample from 'irreversible'.
As the other comments have said; dark and perhaps too many sampled vocals? Not sure.
Bass at 1:14 is quite tasty, but then you dont use it again..
The 'other' Bass is too 'light' and doesnt sit well in the mix.
Drums are very light in the mix and could with layering up to give them more punch.

Not sure on the psychedelic rock sample either.

Can you not master with SX3?

Btw, nice sample from 'irreversible'.

haha nice you heard it.

jeah thats what i meant. no experience in mastering at all

Last edited:
I dont know the specifics about SX3, but I used this EQ guide http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=72902 on my first finished track (summertack: http://soundcloud.com/_joker_/summertrack-final on here- go have a listen and let me know what you think?) and it seems to have worked out well.

I knew nothing about mastering before I came across that thread. Have a read. :)

I used reason4, but I'm sure the theory applies no matter what DAW you use.

locked........

Intro sounds are scary......

could do with some hats or something in there, a nice ride would be better

drops in really unexpected, gota say i dont like those basses, i remember them from years ago in the desecration sample pack.

Drums need more layers behind them to fill them out nicely

random drop into the other song half way in, thats also too quiet for the rest of the tune

some good ideas in this, youve gone for chopping it up which i can appreciate

keep at it man

really dug the intro -- maybe if the samples were all a bit more cohesive.. try getting them in the same sound "space" using some delay/stereo plugin. bus-ing them all to one reverb, or making sure they are all the same volume

Last edited:
thxs for the genuine comments i ll try to remember them when i make my next songtrackpiece

if i could do only intro s my life would be perfekt haha

Back
Top Bottom