HOLD INSIDE -- pls feedback ...

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hello. 'golden week' holidays here in japan .. time for some beat making :teeth:
i had enough of melodies & summer tunes, wanted to make a proper tech-beat dnb tune.

please let me know how to make this one sound better ...
track >>> HOLD INSIDE (edit May3)
track >>> HOLD INSIDE (edit May5)

edit May 5: I played around with OZ7 .. cut some in the mid range to smoothen the claps/snares, tried to control the bass range to increase warmth, increased mix clarity overall.

final edit May 14th:

Last edited:
I like it really nice. I'd probably use the section from about 0:50 to go quieter and build up to the bit at 1:52 when that higher synth comes in. Personal preference though :teeth:

Track sounds great man! Really like the flow and movement of it all.

Awesome! Glad u can feel the vibe of it! Do u see any room for sound improvement? I think the lower frequency (~50-250hz) range isn't perfectly balanced yet ...

Last edited:
I like it really nice. I'd probably use the section from about 0:50 to go quieter and build up to the bit at 1:52 when that higher synth comes in. Personal preference though :teeth:

Hi polymer! Thanks for listening mate! I'm trying to understand your suggestion.. do mean the 'fake break' with the pads should go lower?

Last edited:
maschinistom,

As usual, your production is top notch! :) liking this track so much.
Newer version is somehow easier for me to listen, especially the snare sounds better. Bass is more solid too.
The synth that starts from 1:52 is slightly clearer in older version I reckon, although that is very subtle difference.

btw, you live in Japan eah? :D

Hi polymer! Thanks for listening mate! I'm trying to understand your suggestion.. do mean the 'fake break' with the pads should go lower?

I think just bringing everything down after the first minute intro and building back up again to the section from around 1:52. However, Just a suggestion track sounds great anyway (y)

Dont like that snare at all :teeth:
Nice vibe tho.
Also i like the 5th may edit but i think the synth of could be a bit brighter like in 3rd may edit :)
Overall Nice track tho :2thumbs:

Maybe a little bit of a balance issue but that may just be personal preference. I didn't hear anything glaringly wrong with it but am by no means an 'expert'. Are you producing with Maschine and a DAW?

maschinistom,

As usual, your production is top notch! :) liking this track so much.
Newer version is somehow easier for me to listen, especially the snare sounds better. Bass is more solid too.
The synth that starts from 1:52 is slightly clearer in older version I reckon, although that is very subtle difference.

btw, you live in Japan eah? :D

Hey keigo!! Cheers mate, glad u like this track of mine, esp. knowing the quality of sound u usually produce. I will look at that synth in version may 5!
Ps: yes, I'm based in tokyo. Are u a Japanese living abroad?

I think just bringing everything down after the first minute intro and building back up again to the section from around 1:52. However, Just a suggestion track sounds great anyway (y)
Thanks for clarifying, I think I know now what u mean. Cheers mate!! :2thumbs:

Dont like that snare at all :teeth:
Nice vibe tho.
Also i like the 5th may edit but i think the synth of could be a bit brighter like in 3rd may edit :)
Overall Nice track tho :2thumbs:

Hello! Haha .. yeah, I like subtle clappy snares in general, just personal preference. Thanks for ur time listening and feedback bro! :2thumbs:

Last edited:
Maybe a little bit of a balance issue but that may just be personal preference. I didn't hear anything glaringly wrong with it but am by no means an 'expert'. Are you producing with Maschine and a DAW?
Hello! I'm producing only within MASCHINE daw, my MASCHINE Studio is just a dust catcher, haven't used it in months. IMO, one of the biggest misbuys I did in recent years, there are way better DAWs around, and esp. much much cheaper! Still, I recommend KOMPLETE KONTROL ULTIMATE, many awesome synths and brilliant effect VSTs. I could get a better daw anytime but now I know my way around in MASCHINE .. learning a new daw would take me months ....

cool track here, kind of funky in my opinion. I thought the version from the 3rd sounded a bit crisper. Overall, perhaps the mix could do with a bit of tweeking on the reverb channel if you use one here, something seems a bit off overall, possibly a tad more muddy than most of your other work. i appreciate what it is you seem to be going for here, and the vibe of the tune is most definitely delivering.

Hey keigo!! Cheers mate, glad u like this track of mine, esp. knowing the quality of sound u usually produce. I will look at that synth in version may 5!
Ps: yes, I'm based in tokyo. Are u a Japanese living abroad?

I "was" based in London, now I m back in Tokyo! my home town Kitasenju!
Since it's a small world, we might see each other at some parties :) or we have already. hahaha

cool track here, kind of funky in my opinion. I thought the version from the 3rd sounded a bit crisper. Overall, perhaps the mix could do with a bit of tweeking on the reverb channel if you use one here, something seems a bit off overall, possibly a tad more muddy than most of your other work. i appreciate what it is you seem to be going for here, and the vibe of the tune is most definitely delivering.

Thanks PD, thanks for ur seasoned feedback, interesting u say may3 version sounds better. May5 sounds better (more balanced) on 4 of my 5 testing systems ... however glad u can feel the vibe of it. :cool:

I "was" based in London, now I m back in Tokyo! my home town Kitasenju!
Since it's a small world, we might see each other at some parties :) or we have already. hahaha

I see. I know Kitasenju, direction saitama, right? I'm based in hachioji area along chuo line. I don't think u'll see me around at DNB events ... my party days are long over ;)

I see. I know Kitasenju, direction saitama, right? I'm based in hachioji area along chuo line. I don't think u'll see me around at DNB events ... my party days are long over ;)

understandable. I m bit away from parties as well since my wife is pregnant. but it's good thing that "less party = more production time" :)

p.s. excuse me for being off-topic!

Hello! I'm producing only within MASCHINE daw, my MASCHINE Studio is just a dust catcher, haven't used it in months. IMO, one of the biggest misbuys I did in recent years, there are way better DAWs around, and esp. much much cheaper! Still, I recommend KOMPLETE KONTROL ULTIMATE, many awesome synths and brilliant effect VSTs. I could get a better daw anytime but now I know my way around in MASCHINE .. learning a new daw would take me months ....

I hear that man, I use Maschine almost exclusively and have started using Cubase to draw more precise automation lines rather than use the way NI has laid it out. I was thinking about getting a Studio but settled on staying with the MK1 until it dies. I use that along with Komplete 10 and a bunch of other plugins but have found its faults pretty glaring. If you dont mind, what does your typical workflow look like?

I hear that man, I use Maschine almost exclusively and have started using Cubase to draw more precise automation lines rather than use the way NI has laid it out. I was thinking about getting a Studio but settled on staying with the MK1 until it dies. I use that along with Komplete 10 and a bunch of other plugins but have found its faults pretty glaring. If you dont mind, what does your typical workflow look like?

Yeah, MASCHINE isn't the most advanced system but pretty simple and straight forward to use .. good for someone like me with little time for production. Actually, I don't have a specific workflow.. mostly I have an idea of song or atmo in mind and then I get started with elements and synths sounds .. every time differently. Cheers bro!

Back
Top Bottom