Ho Bass/Ghost Town/Borrowed Time VIP

The promo presses are piss poor quality in terms of sound I found today when I stuck it on my deck.

i duno man? they seem alright to me...
they do cut through the mix in a certain way though. not sure i'm making sense. but they seem to poke through.
not sure if that's what you mean?

i duno man? they seem alright to me...
they do cut through the mix in a certain way though. not sure i'm making sense. but they seem to poke through.
not sure if that's what you mean?

Yeah thats exactly what I mean, like you can fully cut the bass if your mixing out of either tune and it just sounds wank. A lot of high frequencies going on for me.

The promo presses are piss poor quality in terms of sound I found today when I stuck it on my deck.

Yeh found that about most promos, fuckin sucks, you pay almost the same price for promos so in my mind they should be decent quality. I dont buy promoz anymore!

I DONT THINK IT'S THE SAME WITH ALL PROMOS, JUST DEPENDS ON WHO AND WHERE THEY'RE MASTERED AT SOMETIMES. AND THE LABEL I GUESS.

DATA (LABEL) RELEASES ARE ALWAYS A LOW VOLUME AND A SHITTY QUALITY IMO.
AND RENEGADE HARDWARE ALWAYS SEEM TO BE A BIT LOWER IN THE MIX.

MOST OTHERS ARE THE SAME AS THE FULL RELEASE.

THAT'S WHAT I THINK ANYWAY.

Promo's in theory SHOULD be exactly the same quality as full releases, that's what TP's are for, testing the mixdown/quality/EQ's etc

All about full artork promo's as well, iv got white labels coming out holes i didn't know i had.

i prefer ghost town to ho bass..imo

Definitely! (y)

I DONT THINK IT'S THE SAME WITH ALL PROMOS, JUST DEPENDS ON WHO AND WHERE THEY'RE MASTERED AT SOMETIMES. AND THE LABEL I GUESS.

DATA (LABEL) RELEASES ARE ALWAYS A LOW VOLUME AND A SHITTY QUALITY IMO.
AND RENEGADE HARDWARE ALWAYS SEEM TO BE A BIT LOWER IN THE MIX.

MOST OTHERS ARE THE SAME AS THE FULL RELEASE.

THAT'S WHAT I THINK ANYWAY.

:word:

It definitely depends on the label, Ram & Shogun promos for example are spot on, never had a problem with them. I bet the full release of Ho Bass & Ghost Town sounds just as dodgy in the mix, I think it's definitely down to the mastering. The levels of the tune are fine, there's just something else not quite right.

Yeah, In agreement to everyone doubting the sound quality of the ho bass/Ghost town promo...

For a tune with such a low heavy and frequent bassline as ghost town it just shows that little more with distorted bass:-S

But all in all The tunees are still Top Notch, Ho bass always gets me moving.

Peace

Nah straight from D-Style.
You get a warped copy as well?
Not happy at all. Can't cue it up without it jumping all over the place.

na i aint brought it yet as im out of cash...ive brought a few vinyls from redeye that have been warped though, annoying as fuck...

you have to pay for packaging both ways if u want to get another copy

Fuck that, took em a week to get it out to me in thr first place.

It's currently lying under about 50-60 vinyl, and my record box (which is full) is on top of them, to try and flatten it out :D

Back
Top Bottom