hnnnggggghhhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'Production' started by EvezDroppin, Aug 13, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

is anyone one else like this.

I think at that crossover point with my production where my sounds are starting to sound better and my knowledge is getting better but now i seem to have my song writing capabilities that used to come naturally...
    im finding it much harder to be happy with the melodies and arrangement in my tracks, almost to the point of destroying every tune i work on at the minute. I usually work on a track for a long time i dnt put them together fast, cos I can be a bit of a self perfectionist, not necesarily getin the tracks sounding technically perfect but perfect to my ears, the sound i want!
    I come to work and its on my mind a lot thinking about getting home and tampering with tracks maybe to finally get it all fitting together well. it sounds sad and obsessive but Its how it is at the minute...
    writers block really is frustrating!!!!!! :ban::ban::ban:

maybe ill go listen to some classical jazz flute for some inspiration

2. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Yeah that's a problem alot of people complain about :D

3. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

i had this exact problem. when my techniques starting getting good i felt like i couldnt write anything like id lost all the musical ability i used to have... its just a stage.. So just work on the technical side for a bit just making loops or whatever until you are ready to bring everything together!!

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

ah yes, the eternal struggle!

5. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

yes - i now try and do one thing at a time
    either compose or produce or mix (if you know what i mean)
    but if i try and do all 3 together i get nowhere - except pissed off

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Ha, that could be word for word what's been going through my head recently. Sucks.

7. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

that's a stage you get in just before making a huge tune you'll love. What works for me is, leaving that exact sound for tomorrow or completely start a new tune. You'll get yourself working on so many projects that you won't be bored of working on the same anymore. That leads me to be (when not on a huge hangover like today) like 24/7 on music with a feeling of satisfaction at the end of the day.

8. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

save as
    thats all i can say then u can go back on the original an do it agian

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

and to the above poster that isnt a good idea to me as once i start a new tune itll be moths before i even remember the one i was workin on but that may just be me

9. dexter

dexter Member

im terrible at this, i go through stages of not being able to make a beat, then one day, without forcing it, things seem to come together when other days it seems its never going to work ever again. just cant force that shit one bit

10. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

the days wen u cant seem to make anything
    go sample hunting watever u can find it may give u inspiration for a tune or ull just av samples backed up for wen u do make something its a win win situation an u havnt wasted time sittin there tryin to make a snare or sumfin sound good!lol