Hmm... A slight dilemma...

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Ok, so a while ago I done that thing we're not meant to talk about on here and got a copy of massive (cough cough). Anyway, after 6 weeks it stopped working and I didnt bother with it anymore.

So today I finally got me a legal copy of Massive, deleted all my old files and folders that had anything to do with it beforehand, and uninstalled the old copy.

After I installed the above board and legal copy everything seemed fine until I came to open it up in FL. Whenever I open it up, it instantly crashes my DAW. And when I open it up on its own it crashes too!

I guess it's my own fault......

...Any ideas?

just off the top of my head, ive heard something about the database file for massive causing the crash...not sure where its located in windows cuz im using mac..

u need to delete (or move somewhere else to be safe) and then run it again.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

C:\Documents and Settings\****\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Massive

move the database file, when u reopen ur DAW it will rebuild the file and hopefully it wont crash!

in one of the ni massive folders, there a .ul file. delete it and it will renew itself when you next open massive.I would find this exact location but im not on my computer with ni massive installed, sorry :\

basically google "NI Massive crashing?" it might have what you're looking for

Surely thats only to be done if I have a cracked copy?

This new copy I have is 100% legit, so I dont want to go deleting shit!

Oh well, I'll get in touch with Native Instruments, see what they say...

Hmm....well I would if I could find that section of my PC!!!!

I'm using windows Vista, and apparently on the C drive, there isnt a documents and settings path???

C:\Users\'yourusername'\Application Data\Local\Native Instruments\Massive

application data wont be visable so you have to type it in

C:\Users\'yourusername'\Application Data\Local\Native Instruments\Massive

application data wont be visable so you have to type it in

Type it in where? Sorry, this is doing my nut in!

I put it in the search bar of my start menu and it keeps telling me no results matching my cryteria!

Type it in where? Sorry, this is doing my nut in!

I put it in the search bar of my start menu and it keeps telling me no results matching my cryteria!

Windows Key + F
search for MASSIVE all over your HardDiscs.
.Rar it all
Delete everything that says or contains massive in it's name or path.

Reinstall.
???
Profit

plan B)

Go to NI forums, there will be much more info I guess. Not pretending to be harsh, just my own experience when it comes to buying things, when you buy, you're buying a team of technical support too ;) (in most of cases thoguth) blerg

Fucks sake fletch! I can't beleive you didnt buy it first time! God people like you make me so livid I could shit!

haha joooookes. No idea mate. I had a friend who had a problem like that once. No idea how he sorted it out though... WASTEPOST

tried both and nothing's there!

I had the same problem, had to select 'view hidden files' and it then shows up. Think you have to go to folder options in the control panel to do this. The file you are looking for is 'NIMassiveDataBase_ul' which should be here........

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Massive

Back
Top Bottom