DnB Hkay - A Journey to the Darkside

Pleasantly surprised by the selection, which delivers on the title without being overly DARK AND EVIL!!!11.
I like the fact that there's a historical span in the mix that still feels natural and flows nicely. Transition from Top Shooter to Don't You was really nice.

Two transitions that sounds a bit messy is Chubrub -> Dawn of a Dark Day (some offbeat clattering which I think is sound effects from the BSE track) and the last transition into Long Time Dead (sounds a bit diffuse in the lower mids, probably pads/bass clashing a bit). A bit more careful eq work there might have fixed it.

All in all very good, will probably pick this up again later and listen again :2thumbs:

Pleasantly surprised by the selection, which delivers on the title without being overly DARK AND EVIL!!!11.
I like the fact that there's a historical span in the mix that still feels natural and flows nicely. Transition from Top Shooter to Don't You was really nice.

Two transitions that sounds a bit messy is Chubrub -> Dawn of a Dark Day (some offbeat clattering which I think is sound effects from the BSE track) and the last transition into Long Time Dead (sounds a bit diffuse in the lower mids, probably pads/bass clashing a bit). A bit more careful eq work there might have fixed it.

All in all very good, will probably pick this up again later and listen again :2thumbs:

Glad you enjoyed it! I prefer to keep it dark, but still rolling. I find there is a tendency for people to get a bit over the top with distortion in tracks sometimes. Does not leave enough head room!

Thank you for the feedback, I will bare it in mind for next time. The off beat 'clattering' is from the BSE track, was a bit annoyed with it myself.

Again, thank you for the feedback. Enjoy in the future. :)

Back
Top Bottom