Hive - Neo / Gemini

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Neo
This record needs no introduction as it's been teasing the masses for so long now it has already become one of the most anticipated tunes of the year so far.
Lurking atmospheric chords rise out of the speakers & binde into 'Morpheus' vocals that create a story telling intro, which lets the mind conjure up images of the more dominant words throughout the speech & makes you think of what the future is shaped like in a 'Matrix world'.
Once immersed your lead down into a mind twisting acidic riff that grinds into your ears, & filters along menacingly but really catches all of your attention.
Enter a light vocal drop then it's into the swift drum pattern that leaps away & gets your body shaking to the quick fire snares & & that acidic riff, before slamming you into one of the most gruelling basslines I've heard in a little while!!!
The kick drums compliment the snapping snares, & create intense sirens of sound when they work together in building tight rolls & tough drops for the pleasure of the listener. This runs at an incredible pace & the effect this record has when played is immense & will rock any dancefloor.
Another vocal stutter helps to knock you into the second ride which still carrys the toughness of the first, but brings the well executed drum patterns to your attention with some well timed sounds rather than OTT FX.
The last drop just finishes the piece of beautifully, crafting together the atmospheric elements from the intro, but cutting up some of the drum pattern & bouncing it off with even more spooky chords & 'Neo' vocals.
The exit from the other side of this breakdown wreaks of mayhem & will only live up to your expectations that this is a serious contender for tune of the year!!

This is by far one of my favourite tracks of the year so far & Hive is well on his way to becoming a very big name in D&B history!!!

Overall: 10/10

Gemini
More spooky intor bizness from the man, but this time on a lighter more jazzy tip, that rolls a little deeper but definetly keeps you on the listen.
The main element from all of Hive's tracks he produces that I find myself listening to are the crisp drum patterns he creates. They are of exceptional standard & are technically brilliant that's why I find myself using alot of his tunes to cut around with in the mix because they have so many good drops to play around with.
Anyway back to the track & we are now tapping to some wild FX & enchanting chords before another layer of amen kick drum pressure is melted into the track, until the transformation is complete & your faced with a real scary piece that wouldn't go a miss on a future horror flick.
A delayed & filtered drop only creates more mayhem when the 'Hear We Go' vocal unleashes the torture chamber grinds & tough breaks.
Never going to be as big as 'Neo' but definetly worth checking because this man has his production locked tight!

Overall 8/10

missrepresent said:
didnt like it at 1st, thought whats all the fuss about

but it grew on me and now im feeling it so bagged a copy and played it, just pressed a bit quiet for me.

yer I know what your saying I was exactly the same when I first heard it & have only recently just started to appreciate it fully. It's definetly a grower & needs a few listens but sometimes that what makes a good track IMO.

Back
Top Bottom