Hirca - Pulse

The intro sounded bright and fresh, though I'm not sure I'm down with that double-kick you did in the very beginning. There was a lot of energy at the drop, though some of the voices seemed to compete with each other beat-wise, and it lost a bit of the nice flow you had in the intro. Maybe just changing up the kick/drums would help, but it feels over-shuffled or otherwise off beat.

I do like all the incidental pads and effects you've got; they really help pull the track along. The breakdown is nice... I really like the bass, and would like it to carry a bit more melody or rhythm or something—right now it seems almost random. You do have a really solid start, and I think if you sorted out a couple of things it'd shape up nicely.

Um.... did you change the track or something? It sounds different than what I remember. Anyway, whatever issue I thought there was in the drums, isn't there now... so either you fixed it, or maybe I shouldn't have done a wake-n-bake this morning before critiquing your work :P As an aside, it's cool how the lead/bright melody follows the kick, it makes it really tight.

Back
Top Bottom