'Hipstep'

Thugstep's sounds more like a real genre.

Well, at least that one hot mix that posted a while ago did...

Anyway, surely Adam F covered most of the bases on his 2 albums, which I really like but can't remember what they called right now. The ones with 'Stand Clear' etc on...

Breakbeat Kaos.

Hipstep is yesterdays news, it's all about Emostep today

emo.gif

I think Mickey Finn & Aphrodite have 10 years drop on them.

except that konkrete jungle has been running every monday since 1994... actually the longest running jungle weekly in the world..

trust, on no level whatsoever is the term Hipstep degrading what has been done by anyone..

and most likely them boys are even cool with TC Iz...

what, in imo, this mainly brings up is that back in the 70's in the Bronx, there werent samplers.

but what is it when you take two copies of a break and loop it? or chop it even...

if you listen to old school Zulu Nation shows & Radio, to me, its obvious how Jungle evolved.

i mean, what is Aphrodite remixing Jungle Brothers? lol, when JBs were rockin Hiphouse.. sample based breakbeat dance music...

so when you look at the music from a litttttllllle bit more removed perspective, its a completely natural evolution... straight from Afrika Bam, Afrika Islam, Jazzy Jay, jump foward to JBs, X Clan etc, now to TC Izlam & Hipstep... a Zulu Nation tradition of breakbeat dance music...

one
human?

Thugstep's sounds more like a real genre.

Well, at least that one hot mix that posted a while ago did...

Anyway, surely Adam F covered most of the bases on his 2 albums, which I really like but can't remember what they called right now. The ones with 'Stand Clear' etc on...

That Stand Clear tune was awesome.

I have heard a bit of stuff by a guy called Bass Nectar from San Francisco, and he is into using many elements of hip-hop, drum'n'bass, any bass/breaks music, and he does it really well. Loads of tempo switches etc

His comment I read in Knowledge was interesting, because he said he doesnt feel as if he fits into any scene in UK or europe, but there is a big scene of this mish-mash style on the west coast of the US.

I can see how he might feel that way.

And I'm sure many US hip hop dudes were fucking unimpressed when they heard jungle/hardcore for the first time, its not all love when you're in a scene which is based around incredibly viral ideas like sampling.

I'm not going arguing that one of the most important influences, if not the most important on jungle/dnb is early hiphop / East Coast electronic music). Without the NY pioneers of scratching and electronic music, this music wouldn't exist (as well several other types of music). See the wiki article in my sig (I put a lot of work into that article btw).

Early jungle is completely infused with hiphop vibes, samples and arrangements, 1995-1998 is a golden type of hiphop sampling and the hiphop current has never died, see Adam F, Roni Size and Urban Takeover and Ganja Records and so when I hear about a new subgenre called hipstep, it makes me cringe. Its like somebody coming along in 1940 and labelling 'their' jazz, 'black jazz'.

I might change my opinion if I can get some links to what this style is supposed to be about. Is it a NY reaction techstep and neurofunk?

I'm not going arguing that one of the most important influences, if not the most important on jungle/dnb is early hiphop / East Coast electronic music). Without the NY pioneers of scratching and electronic music, this music wouldn't exist (as well several other types of music). See the wiki article in my sig (I put a lot of work into that article btw).

Early jungle is completely infused with hiphop vibes, samples and arrangements, 1995-1998 is a golden type of hiphop sampling and the hiphop current has never died, see Adam F, Roni Size and Urban Takeover and Ganja Records and so when I hear about a new subgenre called hipstep, it makes me cringe. Its like somebody coming along in 1940 and labelling 'their' jazz, 'black jazz'.

I might change my opinion if I can get some links to what this style is supposed to be about. Is it a NY reaction techstep and neurofunk?

does it have MCs and breakers, I heard they like breaking in NY jungle clubs but I dunno if thats true

Back
Top Bottom