DnB HIPHOP/NEROFUNK track, have a listen n see if ya think it works

I think the halftime bits work pretty well, I'd reconsider the boom and bap samples maybe (take the boom out of your rap sample? or change it up, pitch it down maybe it just sounds a bit weird und static).

Also the snare kind of lacks character and top end I think, maybe something more punchy would do the trick (choose a few snare samples and pitch them up, also solves the thing with not enough high end)

some cool ideas in here and most of the stuff works well

I don't mind the boombap at all until it goes "bap bap bap boom bap" (or something like that). That part doesn't seem to add too much and clutters up the vocals from the rapper. Otherwise it fits quite well.

Interesting concept man; as someone who's a big fan of neurofunk and some hiphop it's nice to see two things that don't otherwise get thrown together that much. I think you can resolve the snare issue by layering a less weighty one on top pitched up an octave (maybe) and EQ the lows and some of the mids out. Basically, just one with a bit more crunch.

Looking forward to seeing what else you got. Subbed.

Good idea for mixing two genres. Let's call it neurohop! Oh...

I like it, but again I'm not so sure about the boombap. Maybe FX the crap out of it so you can barely tell what it's saying?

Back
Top Bottom