HipHop 'Aged' vocals

lazyj

Indecent Exposure Ind-Ex
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone knows how producers make those vocals on hiphop tunes sound high pitched, but more so, old skool sounding...??
obviously changing the pitch is easy, but there must b another effect they use because i dont want to put the chipmunks over a tune...!!!!!
Recently loads of producers use this and it does sound good when used properly, eg. F - Beggars - Where did the sun go,

Let us know if you have any ideas or know...
Thanks alot

do u mean like "how low can u go"?
think its a ludacris tune, used on hudosn mohawke essential mix

why would that matter... a sample is still a recording? :confused:

and in my opinion, this sounds shit! equally as shit as having kids sing/rap over your track!

well because I'm assuming if he's talking sampled he's probably talking the old chipmunk production technique that was popular in hiphop late nineties (soul chops)
or if he's talking a recorded vocal than I might not be sure exactly what he's trying to do;
plus there's different tricks to use for sampled or original vocals, keep in mind the sampled vocals are already processed

thanks for the reply man, im going to try n find the right vocal to do it with, and il let you know how it goes...
cheers

why are there soo many pricks on this website.... ffs! lol

guess you mean me :rolleyes:? i was mistaking the sound for quite literally that chipmonk/childlike sound... this use of timestrech/pitch correction does sound good on a hip hop track and would probably sound decent over a dnb intro?

Back
Top Bottom