hip hop ?

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
any1 here who mixes hip hop in with drum and bass? i think used well it can compliment a set well and im thinking of purchasing a few bits. I know it may be copying people out there but I'm looking to branch out a bit and its either this or buy some dubstep.... and id rather bebuying stuff that can be mixed into dnb!
Now I have no clue whatsoever about hip hop but im looking for tunes from opposite ends of the spectrum really, some sort of epic/euophoric tunes if that makes sense and some heavy tracks with good vocals!
good artist names? cheers

yeah some hip hop will mix wicked with some dnb
but on the downside some of the vocals sound shit if u have to speed it up or slow it down too much, try to get some tunes at half ish the bpm to avoid any chipmunking or bing crosby style vocals

i've got a few hip hop tunes that mix straight into dnb, all old though... examples below

notorious big - dead wrong
the pharcyde - passin me by
busta rhymes - break ya neck
notorious big - big poppa

sounds sick mixed over a relatively sparse dnb tune, like TeddyBizzle says though watchout for playing too fast / slow unless you got some kind of pitch lock gizmo

yeah ive dabbled with this a bit.. a lot are 90bpm and dnb is 180bpm so you do the math =)

like TeddyBizzle said the closer you can get to half speed the better to avoid changing vocal key and speed too much..

its good fun though dooo it

cant say i could give you many tunes so im interested in this thread nice one =)

i dont mix hiphop with drum and bass, never tried to be fair, might have to give it a go, i love drum and bass with hiphop parts in it!

missy elliot get your freak on goes big over alot of things. the acapella is on the flip aswel.

zero t likes to drop in ms dynamite 'boom'? is it? the one that goes like 'feel da bad gal bass, feel da bad gal bass,

are you talking about mixing over the top as a tease or actually letting the tune play out?

Back
Top Bottom