Hip Hop...the true training ground!

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
I advise anyone who mixes dnb to also mix a bit of hip hop. the reason for this is that when you mix hip hop often u have to drop tunes in straight away, tweaking the speed on th go so to speak. this hjas alllowed me to be able to confidently drop in dnb tunes on th very first beat and means i can do a bit of 'scratch scratch drop!' more fun than beat mixin!

I have also been ciombining hip hop n dnb together and am about to move in to a house with a hip hop dj so its gonna be mash up, 4 decks, one dnb dj one hip hop dj!¬ i will get the results up on this site at some point!

cant wait!

throwing in some hip hop is definately a great way to make your set unique and stand out. I personally love to play acapellas over dnb tracks. Playing a familiar song almost always elicits some sort of response from the crowd, and the ladies always seem to love that sort of stuff. Mixing hip hop isn't something that has to be done, but it's definately something I enjoy doing to spice up my sets :shades:

The friend who first got me into jungle way back when has been a solid hip-hop DJ for about 9 years now, he made the switch back to it in around 96.
I think he just found turntablism more challenging and innovative, in terms of being able to truly fuck around with sound and incorporate a sense of humour into his mixing. Now he's back into the drum'n'bass a bit, but mostly just so he can flash his scratching and accapella mixing skills.

He also does a wicked double-copy flare with 'Dubplate Pressure'.

True badness.

Big up the :tank: Murphy

worthless-without-audio.gif

watch dis: Moving Shadow 160: Technical Itch/Kemal -Signal Trace

BEFORE --> original (cut - length: 03:05)
AFTER --> re-arranged with strobing (cut - length: 03:02)

original thread (on a german board): http://www.future-music.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21330

lol hektik

i must admit hip hop n dnb is a nice match
theres so much shit u can do

lokki u shud have a go at a dnb hip hop mix n host it
let us have a listen :2thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom