HIP HOP MC"S IN D N B

moriaty

VIP Junglist
I was thinking bout that for a while after beeing completly dissapointed by bidibidibongbong Mc's..what wouldit sound like if lets say Phi Life would collab with Dylan...or Sticky Fingas with Hive:slayer:or B Real with Clipz....:lol:or Puff Mum with Dillinja:uberlaugh
Whots ya'll think??
:thumbsup:confused:? -:thumbsd:confused:? -:smash:??

could work but who knows?
this sort of thing people get scared about doing cos they dont wanna shake the boat too much, but i reckon it could work.
especially nowadays where the mc is taking a more central roll in dnb they might as well be good mc's that dont babble.

i know of a few 'amature' mcs that do hip hop and also dabble in dnb.
look forward to hearin a rodney p/ skitz/ tali/ det/ wolftown/ wu tang/ dillinja/ bad co. mash up!!!

dnb and hip hop do belong together.

hahha um dillinja with mystikal
total science with outkast
zinc with gangstar
danny breaks with a tribe called quest
roni size with del
fresh and ludacrisss
john b and ja rule:lol: baaaabaaaayyyy
busta rhymes and twisted individual :eek: :eek: [dirty!]

MC's are supposed to hype up the crowd, and I think that it wouldn't work very well, the MC'n would turn like garage MC'n??!!?! Just a thought.

Originally posted by GorDo
fuck hype-ing the crowd Zest...i'd rather some cool or/and angry ryming over some tunes, than an asshole telling me to shout and ruining my night by asking for rewinds noone asked...

He's blunt but he's got a point y'know.....

ummmm... it's been done. many, many times.

adam f & redman
roni size & rahzel
hive & busdriver
micky finn & beastie boys

to name a few... or do you mean just for a live show? cause i've seen that too.

it can sound good...zincs done things with hiphop mcing as well which are alrite...
it can make things a bit more varied though - fresh soundz n all that instead of the same old chats from all the dnb regulars

the grip (!!!) said:

or do you mean just for a live show? cause i've seen that too.

Yeah, fer enuf, but these are just remixes of excisting hip hop tunes.....**scratches head**.......me thinks...!!!
Anyway, the starting point of this thread, was me attempting to mix "Fuk Dat" by onyx with some dnb....

It might sound lame, but Sticky Fingas voice overt a fat bass (at 176..aight?!) its all you need to start a riot...
Opinions???

Indi said:
He's blunt but he's got a point y'know.....

Right on soul brotha!
At last someone noticed...teehee...:D

there ARE alot of hip hop remixes by dnb producers. but all of the collabs that i mentioned were done with the rapper and producer in the studio together... making the song from scratch. most recently being the hive/busdriver track that is soon to be released.

i dont know... maybe it's because i'm in NY, but around here MC's who try to chat like skibba dont get any recognition. in my area, there is a very fine line between the hip hop scene and the dnb scene. most of the people you see at a hip hop night, you will also see at a dnb night.

the most popular MC's are the guys who slow it down and excersise some lyrical ability. battle skills, metaphors and flow are a must for any MC that i would want to hear. if there is a wannabe UK, chatty prick on the mic, i get tempted to leave. as do alot of people that i know. adding a hip hop element to dnb is the one of the only things us stateside cats can do help give the USA it's own style. y'know?

@ grip..
Yeah man, thats excactly what i'm talking bout....
Gotta respect the US scene...To be honest i'm very jealous of the stuff thats been played in the states..Tech Itch, Dom & Roland, Dylan, all UK producers, but your more likely to catch them stateside...Plus most of Us DJ play far better tunes..more like the UK ones few years earlier..
Mason rox:slayer:
Hive....no comments....
Ohm Resistance crew = the future
Dieselboy....THE best DJ on this world

Actually...fak it man! i think i'm gonna move to Philly next year...
Anyways, yeah-hip hop mc inna dnb is the shit....c ya

Back
Top Bottom