Hip hop instrumental

chris getme

Dub Logic
Right this is a new version of an old thread so that the previous critisisms can be read when listening to it because Iv ttempted to sort them out. Its minly just adjustments to the kick and hi hat part. The new version is up on my myspace. PLEASE leave feed. Nice one bruvas.

www.myspace.com/dublogicuk

Last edited:
C'mon peeps i know this isnt a dnb tune but its got over 30 plays & no feedback? I assume the plays come from here cos look at my freinds list! (tom, myspace music ect!) feedback!

Cheers man really appreciate it!!! Just listened to zerozero btw, fuckin sick mate, sick vibe. On a similar vibe to the new benny page& Zero G bits (get down, game of death etc) but more techy imo. Very nice & sounds like you must have put TIIIIME into that.

Any more feed? its got well over 100 views but only 1 reply about the tune?

Intro, nice sound there. Bass, nice like double bass. Keys, piano cool,. Pads nice. This is good so far, just feeling like it drags a little, like it's a bit low on the bpm and some of the timings are a bit out. Finished now, that was good, I'm up for a bit of hip-hop and all the sounds you had going on were great. Just felt there was an issue with the underlying energy. Could be you drive it a bit more with the drums, maybe an mc would provide the spark.
Very nice ideas tho. Could be great.

Yeah I no wot u mean with the whole dragging thing. As far as the bpm goes I dont think that will be an issue once an mc is over it. I reckon WITH the mc it will be infinitely better at a slow tempo, to really get that smoked out feel to it although it does sound a little slow on its own. As for the drum timings i think your right.

Its sort of half swung half not as I started it off more swung but it sounded like some 80s thing so i made it less swung by making the kick drum quite straight and it sort of sounds like it hasnt made its mind up whether to be swung or not. Do you think I shoud make the kick part more swung or should I straighten the whole beat up a bit?

Cheers for the constructive feed

nice track man. maybe wants speeding up slightly ? not sure. nice samples used tho man, real head nod, mystyle of hiphop ..

interested to hear more..

To be honest I can't quite put my finger on it. Listened again and there were times where the kick dragged and others where it sounded ok, like it was morphing in and out.
Create a few different edits. Call one 80's edit and swing it out to the max. Call another straight (whatever) and take all the swing off. Throw in a few other ideas to suit the edit title. You might end up with two completely different tracks but it's quite fun to let one idea break up into different directions.
Don't forget to save this edit tho! in case the others are all shite.

Probably the way to do it mate. I think its all in the kick, I just need to ajust the kick part slightly. One of them really annoying jobs that needs really minor tweakage so its difficult to see what sounds good or not. Im so fuckin busy atm wiv other stuff, dont know when ill b able to do it but I will get on it.

cheers for takin the time mate really appreciate it. Ima check yo shit sometime in he next few days fo sho man and ill leave some constructive feed. Cant wait to hear what it sounds like with an MC!

If you heard it the first time and wanna compare the hanged version, check the zshare link an then the myspace. Its only very minor beat tweakage, but there was defo something wrong ith it and now there hopefully isnt...

Back
Top Bottom