hip-hop beats

Oly

I've searched the net many a time for hip-hop beats but they're totally ellusive! where are they all? Is there a DOA breakz exchange for hip-hoppers that idon't know about?
any help on this one will be much appreciated!

cheers,

Oly

Yeah, what i actually meant was contemporary hip-hop/rnb beats
(not old funk breaks-i've got plenty of them!) If you don't know the kind of beats i mean just have a listen to virtually any swollen members track.
Like i said i can't find any beats like these on the net, i can only find shit american sites with real-player or low-fi mp3 samples on em:mad: Oh well, i'll have to relent and just buy a sample cd i suppose.
Thanks anyway guys!

erm,
Because you need a BREAK to program WITH and that's what i was asking FOR. Are you really this stupid?

Originally posted by Oly
Yeah, what i actually meant was contemporary hip-hop/rnb beats
(not old funk breaks-i've got plenty of them!)

you can make hip hop style beats from those old skool breaks no problem! you just gotta process the breaks in a different way then you would with dnb.

fuck man , who the fuck are u calling stupid!
first of all , i just try to gave u a tip oly.

but listen up
ever thought of cutting al those breakbeats, like cut of the snare , kick , and hats , and start programming.
or u can search for loose drumkits samples , there are plenty on the net, another option is to buy or get sample ceedees with loose drum samples.

thanks,
what i was originally intending to do was find some rnb/hip-hop jiggy beats and re-cut them up and speed them up for my dnb tracks.
Noone seems to have any anyway so no worries!
enough confusion surrounding breaks though!
i've been slagged of before for being uncreative for using samples in my breaks-uh what the fuck else are you meant to use?

sorry for being edgy before no disrespect to anyone:lol:

Originally posted by Oly
thanks,

i've been slagged of before for being uncreative for using samples in my breaks-uh what the fuck else are you meant to use?
...no disrespect to anyone:lol:

program yer own.....from scratch......

use the drum machine in Reason, or LM-4 in Cubase, or (yikes) even fruityloops....
start with the hi-hats, then add a snare, then finally drop in a kick drum.

see where that takes you

respect

Last edited:
Originally posted by DJ_Anomaly
program yer own.....from scratch......

use the drum machine in Reason, or LM-4 in Cubase, or (yikes) even fruityloops....
start with the hi-hats, then add a snare, then finally drop in a kick drum.

see where that takes you

respect

true gabber style :pimp: :lol:

imo, do both.... have a nice clean breakbeat, and program some kicks & snares overtop... is the best way :D

Back
Top Bottom