HIP HOP AND DNB TOGETHER THE WAY IT SHOULD BE

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
i m workin on puttin drumm n bass and hip hop together in a full on mixt up set .
is anyone else doin the same thing and what have they discovered works well...

its hard man and you dont have much flexibilty for doin stuff

and the beats can sound really masht up!!

jurrasic 5 quality control goes well with a lot of stuff and ms dynamite goes well wwith old slow shit like pulp fiction etc.
as well as eminem goes with most shit but sounds a bit naff
none of my good hip hop(rodney p, full life cypher, skitz, fallacy etc) goes with anything at all

im tryin to do a long set like 2 hrs and break it down and bring it back up again but my hip hop is limited and i cant find no uk hip hop (the best) which goes with drum n bass at all dam it
but ill carry on anyhow

Would you like to hear DJs play Hip-Hop during their DNB sets?

Hi brutha

Im in new zealand doing the same thing...Try some old beatz like nwa, slowish hiphop is what u need so it mixes at half speed so about 80-90 bpm....yeah some j5 stuff is all good and also timbland beatz like ugly with bubba sparks...and some outcast shit also times up nicely......I hope this helps

Dj sircut

Originally posted by sdm
Would you like to hear DJs play Hip-Hop during their DNB sets?

yeah man definately cos im all bout the mixin.
i love seein broken up sets with hip hop sections in and shit.

obviously you'd have to select the right night to play the sets at cos hardened dnb heads might get a bit confused when they are gurnin their nuts off!!!

yeah slow hip hop man goes wikkid with dnb, NWA mfuck the police for example which i bought for a tena the other day .

check that new tune on plastic surgery part 4 i think its called "mirage" on hospital records.
it has some hip hop intro to it and then goes into dnb breaks which i think would provide a good transition in such a set

been doin quite a lot of puttin hiphop accapella into mixes, alcoholic author by jehst works reaaaaaaaally well with mightfall by MIST (yes, old tune, but i love it)

Originally posted by bebop
check that new tune on plastic surgery part 4 i think its called "mirage" on hospital records.
it has some hip hop intro to it and then goes into dnb breaks which i think would provide a good transition in such a set

Dj Kalm + Citizen feat. Adam M - 'Mirage' on Plastic Surgery 4 pt 2.

Soul Providers - 'Club Night' is another track that's DnB but with a hip hop break in the middle, really good MCing on it.:D

Also, I've tried Cypress Hill - 'Hits from the Bong' over Aphrodite - 'Stalker', it works but you have to get the timing fucking spot on. :slayer:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Indi
[Also, I've tried Cypress Hill - 'Hits from the Bong' over Aphrodite - 'Stalker', it works but you have to get the timing fucking spot on. :slayer: [/B]

stalker...thats the one from human traffic rite? when aphrodite used to make tunes that arent ABSOLUTELY shite :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom