Hip-hop and Bass

DJ_Small_Paul

Rinsed
I entered a DJ competition last year, the organiser wanted me to play something different as there were more than one DJ playing Drum and Bass.

I did a set with one tune Hip-Hop into one tune Drum and Bass. Im sure most of you know that most Hip-Hop is around 80bpm (Half DnB (ish)(160bpm)) some tracks sound wicked with a DnB beat and Bass.

Just wondering if anyone else had tried this?
Any good choon combinations?

:wave:

yeha i've done this before (i actully do this as the first mix on my new mix which i'll be posting soon-ish in the mix forum.)

tracks like mobb deep - half way crooks
wu tang CREAM
Jay Z money cash Hoes

work out pretty good

:D Hehe!

Yeah lots, try the Adam F & Fresh album from a little while back, good tunes on there, start Hip-Hop and end tearing out your eye sockets and sticking you to the wall... Usuall stuff really from Fresh. ;)

DJ_Small_Paul said:
:D Hehe!

Yeah lots, try the Adam F & Fresh album from a little while back...

I know, i've got the album.... But that's not exactly what i'm looking for...forget about it ;)

There's an album called Hiphop Influenced Drum n Bass (or something like that) with a load of tunes from a couple of years ago - mostly East Coast, Dre etc, remixed with dnb beats. Not very good though.

I actually play a load of hiphop with dnb - gets people jumping at non-dnb parties to tunes that would have them booing.

what was that THTC track on that erm... ice minus (i think) mix cd on the front of knowledge. "2001 the warefare has begun", bla bla bla, "from hip hop to jungle the switch comes now listen" :jackson: that was sick! :)

Patchie-C said:
what was that THTC track on that erm... ice minus (i think) mix cd on the front of knowledge. "2001 the warefare has begun", bla bla bla, "from hip hop to jungle the switch comes now listen" :jackson: that was sick! :)
just found the cd was : impact feat. mc trip - release the wepon (hip hop mix). he mixes it into tech itch - mindkilla the cd is "THTC & ICE MINUS PRESENT ICE AGE" you need this cd in your life! :gun: :gun: :gun:

Back
Top Bottom