Hillsborough Disaster - the day of reckoning?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Agent Smith, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

bit of a deep subject to start a thread on, but have been researching it quite a bit in the build up to todays release of the lost documents for the hillsborough inquest. The whole "The Sun" article about how the LFC fans allegedly robbed their own dieing fans is sickening, if any paper would publish something like that it would be the Sun. The whole cramming into a single "pen" in the stand sounds like some nazi shit...how the police couldn't do anything is astounding. Could you imagine this happening in our day and age? You would have mobiles which people would be calling on as soon as something like that would unfold, videos being taken, it wouldnt have been a witness statement vs the police. It simply wouldn't happen again without a single stone being left unturned.

2 questions.

Anyone on the forum know of/related/been affected by the hillsborough disaster? Would be great to hear your thoughts especially with whats occurring today...

& If your a football fan, do you believe standing sections should be back in football grounds? I've been to local derbys where people stand continuously in seated areas which if your at a big stadium could be even more dangerous. The germans have proven standing sections can happen in their own respective leagues.

Thoughts?

2. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

All I got to say if pissed up TICKETLESS liverfool fans didnt turn up to the match iin the first place then it wouldnt of happened.

fact!

but liverfool fans are the most self pity craving nobs who never take the blame for their own actions. Always someone elses fault.

yes the police fucked up at Hillsborough but it was down to pressure from the hundreds of drunk TICKETLESS fans that rushed the gates and forced the police to make rash decisions.

Liverpool fans fault this happened, they killed their own at the end of the day but will they take the blame??? Nope

ThePapa likes this.
  3. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

as if you've had the bare faced cheek to start a thread on a disaster other than.........the crashed coach of scousers on 11/9.

RIP one and all :lighter:

4. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

To answer ur questions though.....

1) prob with a lot of self pity and looking for someone else to blame

2) I think they should be back but with new stadiums built to support the weight of predicted situations I doubt it would be allowed due to structual safety.

5. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

i read this and had to bite my lip...here it is lad...

96 people died that day lad...and i am appalled at your comments...i really am...i was effected by this tragedy and you can eat your words now innit lad.

6. Agent Smith

I was surprised by the harshness initially of his comments.

Glad that the truth came out. Still disgusting that over a 100 witness statements were "significantly altered" after the events.
    What were they trying to hide? The fact they knew they had got it wrong on the day but couldn't face up to it?

7. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

Disgusting....Read something without a red top you small minded dick, like the new evidence that has come about since.

With regards to re-introducing terraces, i cant see it happening. Having a seating stand ensures the capacity isnt exceeded for one thing, and also means that if fans stand for the whole game, they are at least standing in a designated area. make sense?

8. Agent Smith

That was my thought, but the germans have the standing terrace which for each persons ticket has a small fold away chair like most seated terraces...just with the space to stand up around it.

There are pictures on the web...fkin work laptop wont let me post images though :/

9. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

goes to to show the importance of proper crowd control and ticketing.

know the limits of the stadia, and stick to it.

As the germans have shown standing is feasible just needs to be properly controlled.

10. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Thing is a lot of stewards tell you to sit down now if theres a seat. Which really pisses me off.

11. justin_credible

justin_credible Lurker

Yeah, i nearly got chucked out once. The stewards were trying to get people to sit down........from the back. Never going to happen. Only ever in the away end too.

12. Agent Smith

found a good summary of todays inquest.

•Doubt has been cast over the original inquest ruling, after a report into the Hillsborough disaster has revealed that 41 victims "had the potential to survive".
    •South Yorkshire Police and the emergency services made "strenuous attempts" to deflect the blame for the crush onto victims.
    •The report found 116 of the 164 police statements were "amended to remove or alter comments unfavourable to South Yorkshire Police".
    •Police carried out blood alcohol readings on victims, including children in order to "impugn their reputations".
    •Prime minister David Cameron has said he is "profoundly sorry" for the "double injustice" of the Hillsborough disaster.
    •Kelvin MacKenzie, Sun editor when the paper ran a story blaming fans, offered "profuse apologies" for the headline.
    •David Compton, chief constable of South Yorkshire Police, "profoundly apologises" to families of the 96 victims and Liverpool fans in general.

The apologies are I can imagine too little too late to most LFC fans.

13. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

So I had to look this up because I had no idea about the Hillsborough Disaster. I guess liverpool really enjoys soccer. A sport to die for???

14. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

Liverpool fans = scumbags of the world.

39 Italians cant be wrong

15. Agent Smith

seriously pal, show some respect...you are from Merseyside anyway?

You an Everton fan or something?

16. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

wasn't there an English team that died in a plane crash?

17. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

did one touch you in your special place as a child?
    you've got too much hate, these were people with familys, jobs and a life.

18. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

was just asking a question. gawd

19. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Fuck off you cunt! You give Scotish people a bad name

20. Agent Smith

We3vil - it was a Manchester United plane in Munich that tried to take off 3 times in black ice and snow.

If it werent for Bobby Charlton being injured (who didnt fly that day) he would have also been killed and English football would have lost one of their greatest ever players.